Product Marketing/Market Research Manager
You will research and define how the company's core products are positioned, used, and priced in the retail market segment. You will be responsible for influencing our Product Management team with insights on new features and new products specific for the retail market segment. This role will work closely with sales, marketing, product management and customer experience teams to analyze and understand the retail market, the product lifecycle to help launch new products and improve our existing solution.
· Perform market research to help shape the strategy and vision for our product roadmap for the retail market segment. This will include researching product landscapes, features, benefits, distributionchannels, pricing strategies, and competitive analysis.
· Identify actionable insights from primary and secondary data that lead to key product recommendations/
· Create technical user stories and business requirements for the development team.
· Set up and analyze A/B tests for new experimental features, generate and size opportunities to prioritize features, and define key performance metrics.
· Create cohort analysis and segmentation strategies to ensure our products are targeted to the right buyers
· Participate in new product development meetings and assist as necessary with product development.
· Drive product demand forecast planning for both software and hardware solutions.
· Candidates who have successfully marketed software solutions in the retail vertical
· Candidates who are at home working in Excel
· Candidates who thrive on executing tasks and projects, especially in dynamic and fast paced environments
· Candidates that have prior experience working either at a startup or in a SaaS environment or in retail technology
· Bachelor's degree in business, technology, marketing, product management / design, or related field
· Strong writing skills to create reports about target markets and product opportunities, as well as user stories and product requirements for our development team.
· Can translate complex market research data into manageable and useful product and market insights that drive results.
· 5+ years' experience working in marketing, product management, product design, UX, program management, or an adjacent role
· Proven history of creating effective marketing strategies in retail
· Excellent time management and project prioritization skills
· Knowledgeable in emerging retail technology including IoT, task management, indoor analytics, and/or communication tools
· A desire to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
· Experience with agile/lean software development practices
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills