Always be kind: a simple daily affirmation and one that feels more like a personal mission statement than a corporate motto -- but Pivotal isn’t just any corporation. Underpinning our world-class capabilities in cloud-native software delivery and agile development methodologies is one common thread: empathy. Not only do we wantto transform the way the world builds software, we also want to make sure that sustainable pace, kindness,and diversity are at the core of every enterprise.
Known for taking an iterative approach, our 2000+ employees are empowered every day to help shape theway we build software. Pivotal is committed to open source, a diverse culture, and fostering safe spaces for allof our individual employees.
As the Pivotal Web Services (PWS) Product Manager, you will have two main goals: product strategy andprogram management. PWS has a broad range of customers and stakeholders. We will look to you to define personas, understand needs, and coordinate cross-team initiatives to best serve our stakeholders andcustomers. You will be a part of the Cloud Foundry R&D team and your customer insights and experiencewill influence the core Cloud Foundry product.
Pivotal Web Services is, in some ways, a business inside Pivotal. As the PWS Product Manager, you’ll becollaborating with Finance, Marketing, Legal, and other teams to support the day-to-day operations of PWS.
Pivotal Web Services (PWS) is Pivotal’s commercial instance of Cloud Foundry, hosted in a public cloud environment. PWS serves a wide breadth of purposes, both inside and outside of Pivotal.
Pivotal Web Services
- provides the first Cloud Foundry experience for many users
- hosts customers’ production web applications and workloads
- generates revenue
- acts as a showcase for the field selling PCF
- gives valuable production feedback to Pivotal’s R&D engineers
In the PWS Product Manager Role, you would be responsible for:
- Product strategy
- Iterating on PWS’ product vision and strategic initiatives
- Defining and measuring business goals and metrics
- Discovery and validation of customer needs across PWS’ varied personas
- Collaboration with fellow Product Managers to utilize insight from PWS to shape Pivotal’s Cloud Foundry products
- Product strategy oversight for PWS’ billing and account management capabilities
- Program management
- Business operations in partnership with Pivotal’s BizOps and Finance teams
- PWS Partner management
- PWS policy definition and enactment
- Cross-team and cross-organizational coordination of new PWS product solutions
- Oversight of PWS support structure in partnership with Pivotal Support
- Oversight of product marketing in partnership with Pivotal Product Marketing
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience shipping successful products, including defining vision, strategy, and driving cross-team initiatives
- Experience with user research, developing customer personas, and prioritizing product features
- Deep user empathy and strong user experience sensibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication and ability to adapt your communication style for theaudience
- Ability to develop an understanding of Cloud Foundry product features and use these features to create meaningful PWS offerings
- Demonstrated ability to define and track KPIs and other measurable success criteria
- Ability to gather and analyze business and financial data that represent the health of PWS
- Experience defining and enacting policies (e.g. privacy policies)
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus and work across groups like engineering, legal, support, andmarketing to drive initiatives and run a successful product
- Bonus: experience as the business owner of a website