For the assigned products and their respective markets, responsible for overall product management including, but not limited, to forecasting, financial analysis, identifying product needs, working across functions to develop new products, understanding competition, overseeing application engineering as needed, and providing technical support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Play integral role in assuring the Franklin 5 Key Factors -- Quality, Availability, Service, Innovation, and Value are effectively maintained for assigned products.
- Analyzes new product requests, pricing research, and competitor research to manage products and product lines.
- Manages existing product lines based on forecast, performance, profitability, and required changes or modifications.
- Regularly performs pricing, profitability, and competitive analysis and recommends strategies to improve market position, improve quality, simplify product structure, or reduce costs.
- Monitors specification sheets, instructions, presentations, and other marketing services.
- Identifies opportunities to achieve corporate sales goals, objectives, and action plans. Seeks new customer opportunities and maintains current customer relationships.
- In conjunction with Market Development team, analyzes market segments to identify "wants & needs" of segments, competitive positioning, market drivers, technology trends, market size, and sub-segments.
- Develops short- and long-term forecasts, budgets, inventory plans, strategies, and marketing programs required to meet sales objectives.
- Develops value proposition for each market segment that supports Franklin's leadership position and value promise.
- Defines new product opportunities and develops robust business case in support of new product development projects.
- Leads assigned product teams in prioritization of key projects and activities including new product development, quality improvement, and value improvement projects
- Attends market specific trade shows, state and regional shows, and territory seminars and reports on key trends, customers, competitors, market drivers and technologies.
- Works with the marketing team to ensure that marketing tools such as collateral, packaging, catalogs, Internet presence, etc., meets customer demand.
- Provides customer service as necessary through open houses, product application and sizing, and informing customers of product changes.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Supervises supervisory and non-supervisory employee(s).
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Informing Human Resources of employee issues.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong business and analytical skills to formulate strategic options including pursuing opportunities, identifying key partners and potential acquisition candidates.
- Works effectively leading cross functional teams including both technical and commercial resources.
- Knows arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and their applications.
- Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, facts, or information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
- Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Technology, or Marketing or related field required.
- MBA preferred
- Three to Five Years of experience in the Utility, Data Center or Battery Monitoring industry or related field preferred.
- Intermediate: Word processing/typing, spreadsheet.
- Basic: Alphanumeric data entry.
Certificates and Licenses