The Product Manager will work with Product Leadership to set the vision and strategy while internalizing and articulating the needs of users and advertisers. You must be flexible as a results-oriented leader discovering, developing and facilitating cross-product strategy and implementation, working across Product, Technology, Marketing, Sales, Business Development and Finance. This individual must be both an entrepreneur and a CEO at heart – passionate about their product and willing to wear many hats to ensure its success.
- Define overall strategy and prioritized roadmap.
- Gain business support for the roadmap/plan.
- Define and set success criteria for product KPI’s.
- Participate in rich discovery processes, including market opportunities, user/customer research and prototyping to identify, evaluate and define products and features that are valuable, usable and feasible.
- Manage consumer facing as well as revenue generating products – mainly focused on our local markets at franchise dealers.
- Bring thought leadership and innovative thinking abilities in the product management space.
- Be fully accountable for defining the roadmap and executing against it.
- Assist product teams in the integration and prioritization of product vision, business case and roadmap work products.
- Lead cross-functional teams and efforts focused on establishing Cars.com in the space and creating an entirely new product line.
- Collaborating with Marketing, Sales, Operations and Senior leadership on roadmap alignment, execution and new ideas
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for developing new products
- Strong product management domain knowledge, including a grasp of core Web technologies and ability for informed participation in technology, user and business-oriented discussions
- Passion for delivering value to both site users and advertisers
- Financial/business acumen and analytical competence
- Must have the appetite to take risks for self and the team. Show managerial courage in effectively collaborating through the organization
- Able to be a leader to all parties involved in the product life cycle – product, UX, technology, marketing, finance, sales
- Able to manage priorities against needs of product teams, internal customers and internal partners
- Analytical and critical thinking skills to quickly make and measure decisions and define goals across products during planning and execution
- Confidence to leverage intuition to translate the unknown opportunity into an actionable plan
- Excellent communication skills and experience working effectively with senior leaders, peers, and direct reports
- Experience with Agile methodologies, comfort with short/real-time planning, and ability to maintain a consistent focus on short-term tactics and long-term goals
- Must demonstrate pragmatism and sound judgment
- Must be an approachable, respected, well-rounded leader
- A minimum of 8years of broad business experience
- 4 years of experience in a product organization, with at least 2 years as a product manager
- 2 years of product management experience at a digital media/ecommerce/web-centric company
- Experience with Agile methodologies, is preferred
- Experience in eCommerce is preferred
- Experience with a digital media business is preferred
- Experience in automotive is preferred