1. Product development - Work closely with external and internal stakeholders to gather and document the business requirements to develop new products and implement system changes, fixes, or enhancements to existing products. Continually innovate and develop existing and new products that meet the needs of targeted and new audiences.
2. Product management – Lead the internal IT and external development vendors to translate business requirements into technical requirements. Lead the team in testing product changes, fixes, and enhancements. Manage/oversee documentation for product changes, fixes, and enhancements. Lead all aspects of customer support for assigned product(s).
3. Product strategy – Collaborate with AHA sales and marketing teams to develop product strategies that include positioning, pricing, and messaging to differentiate assigned product(s) in the market. Manage the business cases and prioritization of projects through the portfolio review process. Communicate the value propositions of assigned product(s) to the sales and marketing teams. Develop and deliver product-specific training to sales and support teams.
4. Market intelligence – Conduct research, collect customer feedback, and analyze market trends to identify potential and existing customers, competitors, and markets for assigned product(s). Develop recommendations for new products and/or product enhancements based upon research and analysis. Create business cases for existing product enhancements or new products based on gathered intelligence.
5. Project management - Manage product development and product release projects. Ensure that all project deliverables are met on time and that all project team members are held accountable for their deliverables.
6. Change management – Manage and document all changes to product requirements, budget, and timelines for existing products and those in development.
7. Communication – Responsible for communications to the sales and marketing teams, leadership team, other members of the product team, and product development team(s) to ensure common understanding and expectations.
8. Subject matter expert – Responsible for expertise on all aspects of assigned products, to both internal and external stakeholders. Seen as the "go-to" person whenever information is requested on content, uses, users, market, platform(s), technical requirements, and user experience.
1. Meet project and task deadlines.
2. Accuracy / Requirements stability – the amount of change in requirements for the project.
3. Speed and efficiency – the length of time from business requirements to technical requirements turned over to development to launch and revenue generating.
Educational and Experience Requirements
Desired fields of study:
Health care administration, business, data analytics or related fields
Desired area/fields(s) in which experience was obtained:
Minimum 5 years of product marketing, product management, project management or similar experience is required; experience with software products is required.
Experience with market research, new product launch and go to market activities is required.
Experience in the health care industry specific to data and analytics is required.
Master’s degree is preferred.
Healthcarefinancial and utilization data
Agile approach to project management
Developing business and technical requirements
Market trend analysis
Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills are required.
Access, SPSS, and/or SAS experience is ideal but not required.
Process mapping and wireframe development – minimum experience reviewing; experience creating wireframes is preferred
Knowledge of Jira for project management
Experience with, or knowledge of API integration, database structures (especially noSQL), and Single Sign-On (SSO)