Implementation activities generally include request for quotes, supplier negotiation, supplier selection, and overall project management, procurement aspects of supplier qualification, risk mitigation programs, and appropriate implementation of the source-to-pay process.
The Procurement Manager leads supplier management activities and executes supplier compliance activities for assigned suppliers. Responsible for alignment with the operations and participation in critical meeting and provide sourcing expertise.
This associate is responsible for achieving Class I and II savings targets, and for assigned supply base, supplier management and compliance activities, developing value plans and achieving value targets within the assigned sites and/or categories.
The Procurement Manager is responsible for customer relationships with stakeholders for assigned categories and / or sites, and handles a wide range of two-way communication with and in support of site procurement that arises in the course of implementation, while demonstrating close collaboration and alignment with category group leaders and global and regional strategic sourcing managers.
The Procurement Manager may be responsible for contributing to the global category teams in the development, communication and approval of sourcing strategies, collecting and providing regional business requirements and regional supply market information and supply practices.
Performance is measured against agreed cost savings and value targets, supplier compliance as well as proficiency in the use of the applicable tools for the strategic sourcing process.
- Minimum five years of relevant procurement experience.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired. Advanced degree is a plus
- Cost management practices
- Purchasing process knowledge
- Quantitative and financial analysis
- Project Management
- Strategic sourcing process participation
- Supplier management
- Solid purchasing fundamentals
- Ability to understand high level technical requirements
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Drive for results
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- NAPM certification preferred
- APICS certification preferred
- IT Systems - SAP, BW, POP, FSC, SMIS
- Manufacturing services and supply chain process effectiveness
- Regulatory Systems and Compliance including quality concepts
- This is an individual contributor position.
- This position can be located in San Diego, CA or San Jose, CA
Job ID R-14221