The Quality Management System (QMS) Compliance Auditor will be responsible for performing program, organizational, manufacturing area, and/or engineering lab audits to assure compliance to the QMS, CMMI, IPDS, as well as other Raytheon and IDS Policies and Procedures across all IDS facilities.
The auditing process includes the planning, preparing, conducting, reporting, and following-up of audits and corrective actions. Audits are conducted per the IDS comprehensive audit schedule. This position will require an in-depth understanding of the IDS Policies and Procedures and the use of advanced quality tools and processes to ensure effective process measurement, control, reporting, root cause and corrective action (RCCA), and continuous improvement. Auditors also must be proficient in the use of the IDS audit tool.
You will need to be able to mentor other functions and disciplines on compliance related issues.
The position requires interface with DCMA, MDA, FAA and other Quality Customers, as well as IDS leaders on appropriate program and compliance status/issues.
The position will be the compliance site lead for the Fullerton location and will be responsible for communicating and interfacing at all levels of the organization to positively influence change and direction.
This position will report to the IDS Compliance Manager, and will require travel to several IDS Raytheon locations.
Other duties will include:
- Conducting audits and assessments by interviewing and/or investigation and examination of objective evidence, standards, procedures, work instructions, drawings, specifications, regulations, etc.
- Coordinating with stakeholders, including Customers, to plan and conduct internal audits
- Assist in coordinating external audit activities related to the QMS, this includes Corporate, NQA and customer audits
- Assuring planned audits are conducted on time, ensuring any systemic issues are identified and addressed.
- Reporting audit results, Corrective Action Requests (CARs) trends and improvement opportunities
- Communicate effectively to compliance audit lead, and program and other audit stakeholders on audit related activities
- Help to maintain an audit ready culture at all sites
- Other duties as assigned.
Key words: quality compliance audit, CMMI, IPDS, QMS, root cause corrective action, continuous improvement, FAA, DCMA, MDA, AS9100/ISO9001
- 8 + years of relevant work experience
- 5+ years of experience in auditing and/or in a quality or continuous improvement role
- Have a broad knowledge and understanding of the domain and processes that may be assessed during audits.
- Ability to obtain DoD Confidential Clearance
- ASQ Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) or equivalent certification
- Demonstrated ability to engage with process owners to drive compliance and process improvement
- Knowledge of quality tools and processes
- Experience with general ISO-9001/AS 9100 Quality requirements, CMMI, commercial, aerospace, FAA and defense regulations and standards, and a working knowledge of Missile Defense Agency’s Mission Assurance Provisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Ability to build effective relationships through partnering and collaboration both internally and externally
- Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Math or other Tech degree