Raytheon Intelligence and Information Services (IIS) – Cyber Security & Special Missions (CSM) – Raytheon Foreground Security (RFS) has an immediate opening for a Cyber Security Engineer. The successful candidate will be provide engineering support building out a Security Operations Center (SOC) and its tools used by all stakeholders of the SOC.
Responsibilities will include:
• Review tool configurations for compliance industry best practices;
• Develop and enhance methodologies and supporting operational documentation to create and maintain standard operating procedures.
• Develop and deliver metrics for reporting functions.
• Develop and organize standard toolkits and tool development repositories, and custom content based on customer needs
• Perform day-to-day functions (operations/ maintenance) on cyber engineering tools.
• Provide reporting and metrics of ongoing tasks.
• Participate in customer calls and meetings on a regular basis.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer and Information Systems, Engineering, Science, or Mathematics.
• G10 requires 8+ years concentration in performing cyber security engineering;
• Intermediate experience with logging utilities (rsyslog, syslog-ng, etc) and log source migration and normalization into a SIEM
• Experience with writing regular expressions (regEx)
• Intermediate experience in Linux operating systems
• Knowledge of and practical experience of integration of COTS or open source tools, to include at least 2 or the following:
• SIEM content Analysis, Development and Testing
• Experience with Splunk Enterprise