DPR Construction is seeking a senior estimator with at least 8+ years of commercial construction experience for our Arizona business unit to lead the preconstruction efforts for our new office in Tucson, AZ. The job location would primarily be Tucson with time spent as needed in the Phoenix office.
The Tucson lead estimator will work on both negotiated and hard bid commercial projects within our core markets: Healthcare, Advanced Technology, Higher Education, Commercial and Life Science. This individual will work closely with Architects, Engineers, Owners, and Subcontractors and are required to have the following skills:
- Must have significant experience preparing detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic or feasibility level documentation.
- Must have expert knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect construction cost.
- Must have ability and desire to help grow the Tucson office by being an integral part of the Tucson team
- Build relationships with existing and new customers
- Build relationships with existing and new subcontractors
- Seek out project opportunities with new and existing customers
- Ability to prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific clarifications and comprehensive bid packages.
- Must have experience in writing and negotiating subcontracts.
- Must have experience with hard bid projects.
- Leading a team of estimators on complex estimates.
- Managing deliverables for a team on GMP and buyout efforts.
- Can lead the preparation and presentation of cost / budget information to the Customer / Owner.
- Can lead and facilitate Value Engineering sessions with the project team and design team.
- Is a key participant and has experience being a lead member of the team involved in Request for Proposal Responses (RFP’s) and the formal presentation for a project.
- Must be familiar with reviewing Construction Contracts and be able to identify key insurance and damages clauses.
- Ability to manage and motivate project teams during the preconstruction phase of a project.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Effective participation in team environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, WinEst or similar, On-Screen Takeoff, CMiC or similar and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- Experience with Model-Based Estimating software such as Innovaya, Assemble, DProfiler or Vico is a plus.
- 8+ years of experience as a Commercial Construction Estimator preferably within DPR’s Core Market projects.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.