Physician - Psychiatry
Make a difference in the community you serve. Ketchikan, Alaska is perfect if you are looking for an outdoor playground, small town living and co-workers who will treat you like family. PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical center seeks to hire a Psychiatrist for their community. Educational Loan Reimbursement potential up to $150k!
- Two provider practice. Opportunity to develop visiting clinics in surrounding communities
- System-wide EPIC EMR
- Organizational engagement in implementing all ACA related delivery improvements
- Volunteer opportunities to serve on medical mission teams in El Salvador
- Compensation up to MGMA 75%
- Competitive loan forgiveness compensation through PeaceHealth, State Program or HPSA qualifying sites
Benefit & Compensation Highlights:
- Integrated physician-led medical group
- Competitive compensation plus signing bonus
- CME reimbursement & relocation assistance
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Educational loan reimbursement for eligible providers
- Two excellent health coverage options
- Exceptional retirement plans plus optional supplemental plan
Peace Health Ketchikan Medical Center
- $60 million renovation project recently completed
- Named one of the top critical access hospitals in the U.S.
- Exemplary performance in multiple areas including surgical care, pneumonia, heart failure and more
- 25 physicians and advance practice clinicians
Just a few of the great things about Ketchikan:
- Housing with world class views! Ketchikan has some amazing housing deals, and no matter where you live there the views are sure to be extraordinary.
- We offer a hospital based day care with minimal cost to employees.
- The people of Ketchikan are warm, engaged and welcoming. Those who are new to Ketchikan are amazed at how easy it is to get involved in the community, and in all the help they find getting settled in.
- It’s the “Salmon Capital of the World.” Huge runs of salmon migrate from the ocean in to the local waters. Come experience world class fishing and catch a 30lb King Salmon on your lunch break!
- Kayak the local waters and enjoy some of the most scenic views in the world. Don’t forget to make your way to the seven state parks on the island, too!
- Art and Culture: Home to a diverse population of artists that captures Alaska’s beauty and cultural attributes. You’ll also find frequent theater and musical performances all year long!
- Enjoy incredible seafood cuisine: Not only is the salmon fresh, restaurants serve up some of the best halibut, crab, shrimp, oysters and clams- all of which are locally sourced.
- Schools in Ketchikan are top notch. The city offers educational alternatives with two charter schools and an alternative high school. The island also has a University of Alaska Southeast campus.
- Great access to the lower 48! Just a 90 minute flight from Seattle, with many direct flights daily.
Req ID: 121708