Pharmacist; Principal, Enterprise Specialty Clinical Programs
Less than 5 years experience • Healthcare IT
MedImpact Direct, a subsidiary of MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc., is currently searching for a dynamic addition to their team. If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, we welcome your application. We are a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The Principal, Enterprise Specialty Clinical Programs is responsible for all clinical aspects of the MedImpact specialty programs, including development discussions on MedImpact Direct Specialty and the MedImpact Specialty Network as they pertain to clinical support services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Act as specialty pharmaceutical subject matter expert on all clinical and financial areas representing the MedImpact Direct Specialty team
- Keep MID leadership abreast of all new specialty medications, their importance in therapy and financial impact to our clients. In this regard, they will participate in discussions and preparation meetings for the Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee, and all clinical presentations given through the industry relations team
- Attends and presents at sales and Best and Final Offer (BAFO) meetings highlighting specialty management programs and services when needed
- Develops new value assessments for MID clinical programs and services that can differentiate MID and MedImpact in the marketplace
- Responsible in evaluating elements of the Performance Guarantees (PGs) we have with clients and Specialty Pharmacies (SPs) related to clinical programs, adherence, compliance with standards, etc.
- Oversees the clinical aspects of the Oncology Split-Fill program
- Conduct quarterly training programs for the Clinical Program Managers (CPMs), with certain high-profile clients, and other teams where it would be appropriate
- Responds to all RFP questions of a clinical nature pertaining to MedImpact’s and MedImpact Direct’s clinical programsas requested
- Responsible for monitoring all MID specialty pharmacies on a quarterly basis; calculates and determines the pharmacy’s adherence to specific therapy classes, in accordance with Medication Possession Ratio (MPR) standards
- Uses expertise to provide guidance and assist the CPMs in developing specialty drug management protocols that would help them determine therapy classes that have outliers. The clients need to know where they are overspending or not getting the full value of their specialty spend. Assists the CPMs with identifying which data to analyze in order to identify -where potential gaps in care exist
- Provides guidance to the -Specialty Reporting and Analytics Manager, outlining key areas where clients will want reports and assist the reporting team on understanding what elements should be reported on, and in what manner and frequency
Education and/or Experience
For consideration, candidates will need a Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or five (5) to ten (10) years job related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A PharmD is required with at least three (3) years of experience in managed care or a PBM assessing drug therapies or similar responsibilitiesrequired; or a Bachelor’s degree (B,S.) in pharmacy with ten (10) years of experience split between managed care and developing clinical support programs at a specialty pharmacy. Knowledge and experience in specialty pharmacy program management is also required along with demonstrated experience in assessing new drug therapies and interpreting clinical trials and their outcomes.
Intermediate to advanced skill set in MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook; Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Visio.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current valid Registered Pharmacist license in at least one U.S. State is required. Board certification by the Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties of the American Pharmaceutical Association is desirable.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of specialty pharmacy from an operational and clinical perspective
- Strong familiarity with a variety of specialty concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to interact with executive management and all other levels of employees to strategize and develop new products and services
- Demonstrated experience in assessing new drug therapies and interpreting clinical trials and their outcomes
- The manager must have the skills to present the findings from the Drug Information team to MID to capture the impact of all new specialty therapies in terms of clinical outcomes, financial impact and patient support programs that would be appropriate
- Outstanding presentation skills in all settings from small groups to large audiences
- Demonstrated skills to present the findings from the Drug Information team to MedImpact Direct to capture the impact of all new specialty therapies in terms of clinical outcomes, financial impact and patient support programs that would be appropriate
- Demonstrated skill to use PubMed and other resources to help the team understand the nuances of any specialty therapy
- Ability to balance clinical value with the cost associated with that therapy
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level III
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified
Job Code: 000.170614.4713/MID