5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
Orland Park, IL
Marquette Bank is a friendly, neighborhood Illinois banking organization that provides a range of financial solutions for individuals, families and businesses within the neighborhoods it serves. They are now looking for a Payroll Manager to join their Human Resources Team.
If you’re a meticulous payroll professional, this is a brilliant opportunity to challenge yourself and take ownership of a vital function within a fast-paced family-owned organization.
As the Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing a wide range of payroll and accounting activities.
In this key role, you’ll perform a wide range of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Managing and processing the bi-weekly disbursement of payroll for approximately 400 employees
- Determining payroll liabilities
- Reviewing and reconciling all HR, payroll and associated general ledger cash accounts
- Compiling and analyzing compensation and employment data
- Retirement Plan administration (e.g. ESOP and 401(k))
- Governmental filings (e.g., 5500, EEO-1, Vets 100, ACA, etc.)
- Invoice reconciliations and payments
- Preparing a range of reports
- Ensuring systems are set-up and updated to accurately reflect current employee base and wages, benefit limits, pay codes, benefit deductions and PTO policies
- Recommending ways to improve existing processes
- Managing audits
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- At least five years’ payroll experience
- Extensive knowledge of HRIS systems, ideally ADP Workforce Now v7
- A strong understanding of payroll tax at federal, state and local levels, as well as ACA requirements
- Strong MS Excel skills, including advanced functions (e.g. VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.)
- Knowledge of special pay processes, including deferred compensation, restricted stock, split life, incentives and commissions
- Excellent report writing skills
As the Payroll Manager, you must be a solid team player with great organization and problem-solving abilities. Articulate and detail-oriented, you must also be analytical with excellent time-management skills being able to meet tight deadlines.
Marquette Bank offers a competitive compensation package, including comprehensive benefits choices, wellness program with gym subsidy, work-life balance and supportive work environment.
Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities encouraged to apply.
To apply for the role of Payroll Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Web Recruit LLC. Web Recruit, LLC is in the business of performing recruitment services.
Additional Keywords: Payroll Manager, Payroll & Benefits Manager, Payroll Operations Manager, Internal Payroll Manager, Senior Payroll Coordinator, Senior Payroll Officer, Payroll, Accounting, Accountancy, Finance, Financial, HRIS, HR & Payroll Manager.