The Operations Manager will play a key role in the launch and day-to-day management of select online programs in the “Enterprise Model”, primarily the Master in Public Health (MPH). This individual will be responsible for collaborating with our partner, 2U, the Strategic Initiatives team, as well as Simmons Faculty/Program Director and staff working in key offices at Simmons (Registrar’s Office, Student Financial Services, Technology, etc.).
The Operations Manager will serve as a central point of operations: managing minutes for weekly team meeting, documenting critical path items, and working to resolve outstanding issues medium term and longer term.The Operations Manager will take a hands on approach and will collaborate with the Program Director, to understand operational and accreditation support needs and deadlines, the Admissions Team to understand the enrollment funnel, the Recruiting Team to understand corresponding faculty hiring needs, the 2U Production team to understand the status of course production, the Registrar’s office to ensure faculty synchronous session scheduling and studentscheduling is on track. All of these departments play a critical role in the end to end management of the online programs.
A key role the Operations Manager will play is in support of program accreditation including: writing, editing, data collection design and management, and process management support for obtaining and maintaining program accreditation. They will work closely with the Faculty Program Director and the Assistant Provost in this process, as well as other team members in support of information gathering to understand program positioning, value proposition, and delivery.
The selected candidate will thrive in a fast paced, data driven, and highly energized environment, demonstrate exceptional organizational skills, be a self- starter, and demonstrate consistent and sound judgment. The candidate will be central to the accreditation support needs and program management needs of the @Simmons programs.
The ideal candidate is proficient in handling a wide range of executive support related tasks, works well with supervision, but also works independently and interacts effectively with all levels of staff, faculty, and students. It is essential that the candidate have a proven record of attention to detail and accountability. Additional responsibilities and projects will be assumed as the program launches and matures.
Other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions Include:
Program launch and Ongoing Operations
- Support the successful launch and ongoing project management of select Enterprise programs, primarily the MPH.
- Work withfaculty,admissions, marketing, 2U, Registrar, Strategic Initiative’s,technology andothers to manage program support needs across functions
- Attend weekly team meeting and document minutes and open items (see reporttemplate)
- Distribute minutes and weekly agenda
- Attend/manage sub-committee meetings in support of project timeline and critical path items
- Collaborate across programs to ensure consistency in standard operating procedures and troubleshoot unique program support needs
- Support the Director of Operations and Recruitment Team in managing recruitment needs to support course instruction and program functions.
- Establish, manage and participate in processes to ensure a smooth launch and ongoing operations (ie book ordering, syllabi maintenance); revise as necessary.
Obtaining accreditation for our Master of Public Health (MPH) will be an ongoing effort over a 3-4 year timeframe. This position provides writing and editing support to the faculty, manages data collection strategies, and works closely with the Faculty Program Director of the MPH program, the Provost’s Office, as well as liaise across several offices (Strategic Initiatives, Dean’s office, Registrar, Finance, THCS, etc.). Responsibilities related to accreditation include:
- Managing project details and schedule
- Serving as liaison across multiple offices
- Editing documentation to be reviewed by faculty leadership
- Under the guidance of researchers, organizing and summarizing program data, including administering surveys and other data-collection tools
Immersion Weekends and Practicum Support
- Support the Faculty Program Director and Director of Operations in the preparation and planning for MPH Immersion Weekends
- Track students and faculty attending
- Liaise with Me to We and other key outsource support providers
- Support the Director of Operations in organizing key logistics for the Boston program, including space and event planning, guest speaker arrangements and stipends, course material preparation
- Support Program Director and faculty in the design and logistics to support the student culminating experience, including a community practicum placement
Data/ Reporting and Tracking:
- Liaise with the Director of Operations and Recruiting Team to understand and accurately track faculty contact information, teaching history, sections taught
- Understand current status of state authorization (number of states authorized, number of states red, etc)
- Assist with maintaining/updatingmasterfaculty contact list
- Maximize and track course utilization in collaboration with the Registrar’s office
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience, preferably in program operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational/project managemetn skills and strong commitment to detail required.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as needed.
- Experience in a higher education setting a plus.