his assignment will beresponsible for, but not limited to, functions pertaining to the day-to-day operations of the facility including the overseeing and management of the following areas such as KPI achievement,inventory integrity, continuous improvement and employee development of directreports within the scope of their operationalresponsibilities. This is accomplished by following all standard operating procedures, standard work and work instructions thatapply to the Kenco- Whirlpool IntegratedNetwork (K-WIN) as well as customer provided documentation.Responsible forbudgeting andfinancial results for both Whirlpool Profit Planning and Kenco Profit and Loss.
The Operations Manager supports the management team in the continual development of the Kenco culture as defined by the Guiding Principles. Uses the Guiding Principles as a compass for dealing with all customers, vendors and associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures all warehouse personnel comply with standard operating procedures, personnel policies and workload demands
- Meets daily with Supervisors, Foreman and/or Leads to ensure daily productivity goals are met or exceeded
- Implementation of special projects as assigned that impact warehouse operations for both the site and the network
- Analysis of operations on a continuing basis to make necessary improvements to ensure cross functional operating efficiencies in the warehouse. Analyzes throughput information, capacity planning and financial information
- Responsible for assisting with site budgeting for Whirlpool Profit Plan process and maintenance, helping to ensure the site meets all contractual cost reduction targets
- Responsible for assisting with the Kenco site budget process, and help to ensure net income is maximized through proper management of controllable costs, identifying and communicating any differences impacting this metric
- Plans, develops, and implements organizational policies and goals. Supports and works closely with safety, human resources, and engineering to promote productivity improvement programs. Ensures implementation of network best practices in the facility
- Knowledge of every facet of the operation; must strive to constantly develop staff to ensure capable management succession
- Manages customer inventory, utilizing sound security policies and procedures consistent with good accounting and distribution practices
- Reviews activity, operating, and financialreports to determine changes in programs or operations, as required
- Uses Guiding Principles as a tool to build a team attitude by managing employees in a way that fosters teamwork, with integrity above profitability, demonstrating courage, commitment and compassion and by being remarkable and creating uncommon value instead of individual gain
- Motivate, train, supervise and evaluate the performance of subordinates
- Take corrective action in a constructive manner with employees who cause issues in the workplace
- Hires and downsizes staff, as needed
- Maintains daily department productivity and EIP/LM statistics
- Communication to Kenco and client management
- Ensures the site’s commitment to Kenco Operating System (KOS).
- Continuous focus on fostering a safe work environment
- Practices safe work procedures, and follows all safety rules at all times
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the General Manager
- Payroll review, as required
- Assist with budget planning as required
- Daily management of warehouse personnel, as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work effectively in a multitasking environment and work constructively under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet specific goals and deadlines
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions
- Experience with implementation of business improvement plans such as Six Sigma and Lean principals: Project Management, Process Flows, Root Cause Analysis, Cross- functional teams, Cost Justification, Time Studies
- Competent mathematical ability
- Competent knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office; Access is also preferred; WMS system knowledge; SAP knowledge is preferred
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Ability to solve practical problems and difficult situations
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check (f applicable)
Bachelordegree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college; and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to work extended hours, especially during peak seasons
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.