The position is responsible for ensuring that field operational tools and resources are current, available and effective in the support of overall execution of field operations. The position will work with Regional Directors of Operations and Regional Photographic Operations Managers to identify current and future business requirements for field operations documents, training and deployment of best practices and tools. This position will work closely with the Learning and Development team to define training requirements and in the development of learning curriculum.
The position will work across all functions, especially those related to process innovations, to translate objectives, equipment and system impacts, and business processes into field training requirements.
- Regularly review and provide updates for iHub resources, the Operations Learning Plan, Work Instructions, Task Trainers, QRG’s, User Guides and various links to additional pages, to ensure information is current, accurate and relevant.
- Act as the primary content provider to Learning & Development for Ops training webcasts, meetings and online resources.
- Ownership of the Operations Community to include follow up and monitoring of activity.
- Assist in the coordination of technical tasks for acquisition integrations and territory transitions, working closely with the project manager, the Regional Directors Operations and Regional Photo Operations Managers.
- Act as the Field Ops representative in the Blueprint process, to understand field user implications and determine operations training requirements.
- Actively participate in the development and testing of the “Online Guide” and Seasonal Readiness activities each season.
- Provide critical review and edit each revision of the “Go to Market” plan every season.
- Work closely with sales management to understand needs and provide content for operations training in support of planned field organizational structure changes, including acquisitions and territory consolidations.
- Manage the allocation process in partnership with the Regional Operations Director, Marketing and ESS
- Coordinate partnership meetings between Operations and the plants via the Account Executive calls on a weekly basis.
- Provide home office support to the Regional Photo Operations Managers for escalation and support.
- Provide an escalation point for the field and field support related to systems issues and resolution.
- Home office support for key initiatives and projects as determined by the Director of Photo Operations.
- Participation in key system development initiatives to ensure that the business requirements are being met and that hand off to Photo or Operations can occur seamlessly.
- Manage the Photographic and Operational award and recognition process.
- Identify and implement key simplification, standardization processes and ideas into the Photo Operations arena.
- Partner with the Continuous Improvement team to ensure contiguous flow of ideas and programs.
- Work closely with Field Support “Innovations” project leaders to translate new processes and systems being developed into field training requirements.
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred or combination of education and experience.
• 5-8years related experience overseeing operational functions in a large, decentralized field organization with increasingly complex and broadly defined functions.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
• Microsoft Office Suite; including Project, PowerPoint and Visio.
• Process Management; definition, execution and improvement.
• Facilitate and manage meetings.
• Excellent written communication skills; ability to create and document processes and RFP/RFE, track, monitor and report.
• Excellent verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively over the telephone, listen and ask probing questions, resolve conflicts and communicate with various levels within the organization.
• Proven ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
• Develop and maintain project plans, control scope, costs, issues, and risk management for project assigned.
• Ability to work with minimal direction.