Less than 5 years experience • Misc. Healthcare
This position is based in the Mt. Edgecumbe Hospital (MEH) Physical Therapy Department (MEH - PT) with a primary focus on providing general Occupational Therapy (OT) evaluations and treatments which impact patient’s functional abilities. The Occupational Therapist performs in a professional manner, respects confidentiality, and demonstrates qualities endorsed by following the Seven Standards for Service Excellence outlined in the SEARHC Human Resources Manual. Services are to be provided in compliance with hospital standards, licensure requirements, regulatory and practice standards of Occupational Therapy and the national professional guidelines established by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
- Doctorate, Post-Professional Doctorate or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program
- 2 years clinical experience providing occupational therapy to all ages.
- Experience serving CVA, pediatric population, auto immune disorders and people with physical disabilities preferred
- Experience with outpatient orthopedics and hand therapy including splinting and fabrication of custom othoses preferred
- Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) preferred
License and Certifications
- Licensed as an Occupational Therapist
- Certification in Occupational Therapy by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Valid Driver’s License