Nurse Manager - Chronic Pain Clinic
Less than 5 years experience • Education
UCHealth is a special place and it requires a special type of person to work here. We are committed to attracting exceptional people who possess a rare combination of talent, drive, and intellectual curiosity. They are the people who naturally gravitate toward our culture, our geography, and our passion for discovery -- ambitious people for whom UCHealth isn't just a career, but an elevated state of mind.
At University of Colorado Hospital in metro Denver, the Chronic Pain Clinic performs the full range of advanced pain management procedures to discover the cause of pain and treat it so patients can get back to living a full life. Pain affects about 75 million Americans to some degree. Living with pain can cause considerable suffering and affect quality of life.
The Chronic Pain Clinic is located on the first floor of the Anschutz Inpatient Pavilion (AIP).
Services the Chronic Pain Clinic Provides include:
Medication optimization. For individuals with complex pain who have tried and/or are on a variety of different medications for their pain. We do not manage patients' chronic medications, but we partner with a patient's primary care provider to create detailed medication plans and treatment recommendations.
Injections. A variety of injections are offered to manage pain, such as:
Trigger point injections
Botox for migraines
Nerve blocks for specific pain sites
Intra-articular injections for joint pain
The Nurse Manager of the Chronic Pain Clinic has the opportunity to manage the daily operations of the assigned nursing unit(s) or function(s) to ensure alignment with departmental and organizational objectives.
- Assists with developing specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
- Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction, and conflict management. Performs and oversees scheduling, recruitment, payroll, and student engagements.
- Monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts, and vendor relations. Determines and justifies needs for systems/equipment/supplies purchases, monitors usage, and oversees proper working order and/or stock supplies.
- Assesses the quality of patient care delivered and coordinates patient care services with patients, staff, physicians, and other departments.
- Graduate from a baccalaureate school of nursing.
- 3 years of progressive leadership experience.
- State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
- Master's degree in a related field
· RN with management experience for Pain, Spine, Interventional Medicine and Local/RN Sedation Surgeries.