Job ID: 205590
The Network Engineer applies technical expertise in one or more information technology disciplines to support the organization's technical infrastructure.
- Analyzes a chain of events and applies technical knowledge following established procedures. Successfully troubleshoots most applications problems independently.
- Participates in design, contributing technical insights and ideas. Helps formulate project scope and objectives.
- Works with customers to understand and explain business and technical issues, respond to user problems, explain new technologies, and present deliverables.
- Writes basic documentation of a new or proposed system. Shares knowledge effectively within the work team. Contributes to project plans, RFP's and RFI's.
- Conforms to security policies, procedures and plans to assure network and data integrity
- Recommends and implements appropriate network hardware, software, and protocols for the organization
- Implements and/or guides the setup, testing, and ongoing verification of the functioning of networking systems
- Maintains security across multiple operating systems and network platforms
- Maintains operability across multiple operating systems and network platforms
- Assures that all systems comply with the security protocols
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of networking tools, systems, and technology
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of the overall architecture of the total system
- Adheres to established configuration management, software development, and project methodologies
- Bachelor's degreepreferred or equivalent experience
- Four years of experiencepreferred.
Preferred Qualifications :
- An advanced understanding of networking concepts, including the OSI Model; sub-netting; TCP/IP packet level functionality; a broad range of port/protocol knowledge and thorough security Best Practices knowledge
- Experience in, and a desire to mentor less experienced staff
- Selectee will be in the on-call rotation and expected to respond to after-hours priority tickets (You can expect to be on call roughly one week out of six)
- This is a network engineer position (route/switch, wireless, and firewall disciplines) in a multi-facility hospital campus in Nashville TN currently running a Cisco environment. We will be transitioning to an Avaya switching, Aruba wireless, and Juniper routing, as well as Fortinet Firewall environment in the future
- A personal presence characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, and values of AIS and Saint Thomas Health
Manages administration and maintenance of assigned information systems, function(s) and/or resources.
- Manages assignments for installations, conversions and upgrades, and develops implementation plans that ensure minimal impact on end users.
- Identifies opportunities to support manual processes and provides cost-benefit analysis of automated solutions.
- Collaborates on needs analysis for customer service, upgrades or changes to systems. Recommends cost-effective hardware/software solutions.
- Hires, trains and manages assigned staff.
- Exercises judgment and influence on key technical decisions, standards, policies, environment selection, architecture, data flows and technical solutions.
- Continually improves work procedures and processes for unit(s) managed. Works with technology professionals and managers to develop technology solutions to meet multiple clients' requirements. Directs, develops, and presents to management various analyses that include organization, systems, feasibility and cost/benefit studies, implementation plans.
- Addresses unusual and non-recurring problems by devising approaches to assed the situation, developing and testing options, and introducing new procedures or tools, as necessary.
- Manages multiple projects, often through subordinate project managers. This typically includes: integrating across technologies, platforms, systems, etc.; establishing plans that prioritize initiatives; Ensuring resources and organization structure are in place and operating effectively; and anticipating conflicting needs and proactively resolving them.
- Bachelor's LevelDegree
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Five years of progressively responsibleexperience, including one year leadership skills, preferred.