More information about this job:
Four Winds Interactive seeks a Manager, Application Services to work with Professional Services. This position will be responsible for managing the team of Associate Sign Developers, Sign Developers, Senior Sign Developers and Solution Architects in implementing quality visual communication solutions for FWi clients. This role requires excellent people management skills, customer service skills (listening, deducing customer requirements, even when they aren’t sure of them, etc.), organizational skills, time management skills, attention to detail, teamwork, troubleshooting, analytical skills, an artistic eye and desire to deliver excellent customer service.
This role will be interacting directly with customers (sometimes C-level executives), FWI executives and leaders of other departments. This role has significant impact on the employee and customer experience with FWi and can affect retention. This role is a management position.
The compensation package will be aligned to each candidates experience and qualifications. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Responsible for reliable, high-quality, on-time delivery of visual communication solutions
- Provide career guidance and mentorship to team members
- Provide technical leadership to team members
- Ensure target utilization numbers are achieved across team
- Performs job coordination and planning functions such as reviewing schedules, evaluating skill requirements, assessing resource requirements versus availability, coordinating job/customer visits and implementations, etc.
- Creates performance metrics for team; manages performance to established metrics
- Conduct weekly reviews with team members in a 1:1 format to ensure metrics are being met and issues are addressed.
- Ensures team delivers final product according to customer defined requirements and quoting documents
- Oversee the sign development scope for multiple projects simultaneously (various ranges of complexity) per FWi predefined processes
- Working alongside Sales and Project teams to contribute to Statements of Work and quotes for new opportunities
- Mentors team through gathering requirements, building wireframes, use cases, training, etc.
- Ensures best practices are leveraged across team with respect to sign development
- Liase with FWi Project Management, SFWi Field Services, FWi Solutions Architecture, FWi Sign Development Team, FWi Technical Support and the client team to ensure adequate resource coverage for all projects.
- Ensure team(s) are tracking to timelines, scope & quality for all deliverables pertaining to the networkinfrastructure and delivery of signage solution
- Handle customer escalation with respect to sign development issues
- Maintain timely project documentation per FWi processes
- Able to bring creative solutions to the table and contribute to project plans and problem resolution both short and long term
- Otherresponsibilities, as required.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred; equivalent military experience accepted.
- 2-4 years demonstrated successful experience in managing a team of software specialists or similar skillset
- Strong people management skills
- Experience architecting complex custom software solutions
- Experience in Business Analysis and requirements definition
- Direct consulting experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Desire to provide project management-type activities in coordination with project execution
- Experience delivering customer training
- Working knowledge of computer networking concepts (TCP/IP, basic routing, etc.)
- Working knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL
- Knowledge of XML and XSL stylesheets
- Experience with graphic editing software applications (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience writing SQL queries