Major Account Rep(Gaithersburg, MD Area)
I. Job Summary
Generates new account revenue in new accounts and revenue growth in existing accounts utilizing a consultative selling approach in the sale of Waste Management services. Responsible for prospecting and closing sales to new customers, and managing existing accounts in order to achieve the budgeted sales goals. “Save, secure, and convert” by handling all customer cancellation requests, providing ongoing education of contract details to existing customers, and by handling escalated customer issues within the defined territory.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Effectively manage prospects by developing sound marketing plans and maintaining key information in the prospect database. Maintain sales pipeline to achieve goals for new sales.
- Reduce lost accounts by diffusing cancellation requests. Meet or exceed sales call activity goals for proactive account retention.
- Increase revenue and profitability by executing sound plans on retention calls to improve the customers’ service and/or profitability.
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Propose customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations. Communicate to and work with the Area Sales Managers to resolve unique customer issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of customers’ needs, pricing and competition; effectively communicate pricing and service strategies; proactively engage other Waste Management business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
- Acquire in depth industry and company knowledge in order to prepare complex proposals and make recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
- Maintain current knowledge of external market trends and internal sale strategies and operational capabilities.
- Work closely and effectively communicate with Plant Managers and Brokerage Account Managers to assist in upgrading materials to increase profitability and achieve plant goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relative work experience.
- Experience: 5 years of work experience (in addition to education requirement), in direct business-to-businesssales, business-to-businesscold calling, and phone based business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments.