At Nike, we serve athletes. Fueled by the insights of the world's best, we design and create products to elevate human potential on a global scale. And it's on us, the Global Operations Team (GOT), to help bring this mission to life.
We are a diverse lineup of thousands spread across the globe. Together, we are building a smarter, more connected and automated value chain. And we are looking for world-class talent like you to contribute to this journey.
As a Platform Product Owner, you will be part of fast pace engineering teams, representing the view of the customer.
As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for defining product and service features, and prioritizing delivery in line with their business value. You must possess an understanding of business objectives and be able to quantify value and risks. A strong technical background is required to produce concrete Product features and subsequent roadmap while collaborating closely with engineering to drive implementation.
- Understands Customer need by maintaining a close relationship with customers and stakeholders to comprehend and communicate their needs and participate in validation of the solutions
- Works closely Platform Product Directors to understand and communicate product vision, strategy, and roadmaps that are aligned with Nike’s strategies and initiatives
- Represents the customer in sprints to the delivery teams and provides sprint prioritization to ensure technology alignment with business priorities & strategies
- Is accountable for what is agreed to work on within a sprint.
- Provides customer service to our technology and business partners for on-boarding, adoption, and documentation.
- Partners closely with Reference Architecture and Platform Engineering to align Platform Product Roadmaps with execution Plans and to ensure requirements are understood and end-products meet acceptance criteria
- Measure and report on the value provided by Platform Product offerings and provide regular updates to stakeholders on product priority, delivery, and adoption
- Manages all product prioritization to available budgets and is able to work with finance to communicate financial costs and chargebacks
- Stays current with industry trends and recommends relevant technologies & products in the areas of Cloud, Digitization, Data and Analytical tools, Visualizations, AI, and other emerging technologies
- Contributes back to the overall roadmap and prioritized backlog
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in technology & architecture roles
- Proven track record in developing data and analytical solutions
- Extensive background in working with business partners
- Proven track record of being results oriented with demonstrated ability to achieve aggressive goals
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Must excel working in team-oriented roles that rely on ability to collaborate with others
- Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Experience working with internal and external customers, especially in an enterprise setting