At Amazon, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers.
Amazon has an immediate opening for an IT Support Engineer for our Amazon corporate office in Irvine, CA. The IT Support Engineer serves as the liaison between the infrastructure and general operations of the facilities. Support Engineers provide hands-on hardware support and remote support for customer software on Windows, Mac, and Linux systems. They also support networking and local server resources for their site. Regular activities include remote support via chat, pc imaging and repair, network troubleshooting, project management, mentorship of junior technicians, systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments, telecom administration, and hardware procurement.
The Support Engineer must have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. They must possess superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills, and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. Additionally they must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability. Previous experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy required. Proven ability to operate in high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priorities, and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
· 4+ years hands-on IT Support experience.
· 2+ years experience supporting Microsoft Windows 10
· Experience supporting Macintosh OS 10.10 or later
· Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
· Proven skills in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation
· Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
· May require lifting or carrying desktop computers up to 25 lbs
· Some on call responsibilities are required
· Some exposure with Linux or Unix
· Bachelor's degree in Computer science or IT related field.
· Industry training such as Microsoft MCSE, MCITP
· Experience with Bomgar or other remote support tools
· Experience with Cisco IOS (CLI) or Cisco certification
· Linux systems administration skills / certification
· Experience with scripting, programming, or SQL
· Experience with project management
· Experience with Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance
· Experience with server administration (Windows or Linux)
· Experience with Audio/Visual or video conferencing support