Amazon Global IT is looking for an experienced IT support manager to lead a team of engineers in NY, NJ and PA who provide onsite and remote (telephone, chat) technical support for Amazon employees across the globe.
This manager must be a self-starter, possessing the ability to communicate priorities and drive change across their team and manage multiple complex projects and tasks simultaneously. They must be able to influence, negotiate and develop relationships with customers at all levels of the organization.
The ideal candidate is a creative leader with superior analytical abilities and judgment who can set clear goals and direction for their team that meet Global IT productivity and cost objectives while being a strong, vocal advocate for their customer.
Key responsibilities include:
· Directly managing a local workforce of IT support engineers
· Working closely with engineering and other operations teams to incorporate customer feedback into products and services, and address key IT support and usability concerns for corporate employees
· Maintaining very high customer satisfaction and a consistently great work experience for all Amazonians
· Effectively defining and analyzing metrics to drive standards and influence team behavior; holding team accountable for the achievement of goals
· Working effectively in a fast-paced, global, cross-functional environment.
· 5+ years’ experience managing technical teams
· A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience
· IT infrastructure operations, IT service management or IT business operations experience
· Solid understanding of networking, telephony, PCs, Macs and Linux
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to travel up to 4 weeks per year
· Demonstrates integrity, bias for action, innovation and ability to dive into the deepest details
· Motivates others by creating a climate in which people want to do their best
· Aware of personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and limits
· Ability to handle changing priorities, deal with ambiguity and use good judgment in stressful situations.
· Experience managing employees and developing customer relationships across multiple remote sites.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer science or IT related field.
· Industry training such as Microsoft MCSE, MCITP
· Experience with Cisco IOS (CLI) or Cisco certification
· Advanced Linux systems administration skills / certification
· Experience with scripting, programming, or SQL
· Project Management Certification (CAPM, PMP)
· Experience in lean, six-sigma, process improvement
· Experience in a Systems or Network Engineering position
· Experience in data center operations