IT Operations Financial Analyst
5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financialsecurity of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by WorkforceDiversity Magazine.
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
- Identifies opportunities and/or implements business solutions to meet business needs. Independently researches, plans, develops, implements, and administers rules, requirements, procedures, contracts, and processes to ensure compliance, product competitiveness, profitable growth and adherence to USAA's commitment to being World Class.
- Collaborates with enterprise partners to facilitate the development of business rules, requirements and artifacts.
- Develops test strategies and criteria, and assists with test execution, defect prioritization and resolution.
- Develops and manages consistent execution of operational and market performance policies across multiple operations centers and provides trend analyses.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent work experience).
- 6+ years relevant product experience.
- 6+ years relevant industry experience.
- Experience with expense budgeting and forecasting practices, preferably in IT.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including the creation and use of pivot tables.
- Comfort in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to analyze department level financial information, identify trends, and comfort in sharing analysis with peers and multiple levels of IT management.
- Ability to work on moderately complex tasks under limited supervision with limited discretion to deviate from established procedures and guidelines.
- Experience in detailed expense account reconciliation.
- Working knowledge of invoicing and PO processing.
- Supports product, component, and unit managers with detailed analysis and recommendations
- Has a thorough understanding of products’ financials and offerings
- Collects and reports product metrics
- Analyzes monthly financials, forecast trends, and coordinates corrections in cooperation with CFO
- Identifies and researches revenue and expense variances
- Reviews billing disputes and coordinates with CFO
- Tracks, reports and reconciles invoices
- Drafts product-related communications for product mangers
- Validates billing
- Participates in the budget and pricing exercise to provide CFO an accurate and complete budget for the upcoming year in accordance with CFO and corporate timelines
- Provides Benchmarking input
- Verifies accruals
- Generates monthly financialreports
- Coordinates and submits monthly
- Journal entries
- Provides training to new managers
- Provides ad hoc reports and analysis
Job Number: R0011386