Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around theworld, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.Facebook is looking for a Controller of Infrastructure to lead a team of highly motivated and skillful accounting professionals. This accounting team supports an unprecedented annual multi-billion-dollar growth of Facebook’s investment in data centers, servers, networking, connectivity and facilities globally, as well as our increasing lease portfolio. This highly qualified and technically proficient leader will also stay abreast of Facebook’s technologies, business strategies, product roadmaps and the overall financial reportingrisk profile as growth continues. The candidate needs to be comfortable and highlyeffective in a rapidly changing environment. They will partner closely with the leaders ofcross-functional business and finance teams to enable business, provide guidance, analysis and help make decisions, while developing effective and efficient accounting operations toexecute Facebook goals. This position leads a growing and global Infrastructure Accounting team located in Menlo Park, Austin, Dublin Ireland and Singapore. The role is based in Menlo Park.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively engage with Facebook Infrastructure leadership as a trusted accounting advisoron all strategic and long-term investments. Provide sound accounting guidance and develop scalable business processes to enable business and meet financial reporting needs and with speed.
- Proactively influence business deal development and reviews of new Infrastructure investments. Anticipate business needs to move fast by surfacing feedback ahead of timeto help formulate, prioritize accounting and finance operation requirements and develop processes accordingly.
- Lead accounting standard research in coordination with Facebook’s Technical Accounting team based on keen understanding of business objectives, facts and circumstances of thebusiness models. Support conclusions with adequate level of rationale and documentation for review and then communicate and present the accounting conclusions to other key stakeholders.
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of accounting professionals to grow their careers byenhancing processes, developing technical capabilities, building relationships with thebusiness and solving problems together as one team.
- Provide accurate and complete financial reporting by successfully executing all reportingcycle requirements under the scope, including but not limited to designing and complying with internal controls over financial reporting, transaction recording, compilation, capitalization, period-end close, management reporting and analysis and preparing relevant sections in Facebook’s10Q/K filing.
- Initiate, develop and execute additional process automation and system capability roadmap by closely working with Facebook’s Infra and Enterprise Engineering teams and to explore Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology opportunities to scale operations.
- Work in close coordination with other key Finance organization leaders in international finance compliance, tax, treasury, FP&A, internal audit, technical accounting and finance operations to optimize for common team goals.
- Coordinate with external auditors to ensure timely completion of audit requests, and aid in the research and analysis of audit issues raised.
- Experience leading businesses, focusing on cross-functional partnerships, providing thought leadership and team career development
- Organizational, inter-personal, communication, problem-solving, multi-tasking, and prioritization experience
- Track record of developing accounting process to support business growth, including experience in managing projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience leading projects in automating, optimizing, or re-designing existing processes
- Experience in analyzing large data sets and trends
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or Finance
- A CPA or equivalent outside of U.S.
- 12+ years of financial statements auditing, accounting, finance operations, process automation or similar experience
- Big 4 experience
- Experience with Oracle Financials or other major ERP systems and Hyperion
- Technology industry exposure, e.g. data center, fiber optic network, server life cycle, telecom, internet services, mobile network and connectivity efforts
- Subject matter knowledge in supply chain, contract manufacturing, logistics or asset management