Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around theworld, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.Facebook is seeking a seasoned manager to join the Infrastructure Accounting team in a full-time position. The ideal candidate will be able to work well with cross-functional teams providing guidance and making decisions as well as being able to perform detailed analysis while managing a significant portion of Facebook’s infrastructure investment onour balance sheet. This position will be based in our Menlo Park, CA office and report into our Director of Infrastructure Accounting.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage infrastructure accounting end to end processes for Facebook’s Infrastructure investments (multi-billions).
- Partner with internal logistics and site operations team to better understand context, provide ideas and insights around tightening controls, partner on creating and improving processes that scale, and provide accounting guidance and insights.
- Player coach who will be responsible for close process and review but will also own some portion of close as well. Close includes month end close, reconciliation, result analytics, internal and external reporting.
- Monitor the compliance of capitalized assets with approved capitalization policies. Have a vision for updating policies and making sure they are keeping up with technological and operational changes.
- Ensure full SOX compliance over controls under your area.
- Be a team lead to implement IT solutions in the subject areas including helping create a system road map that will allow the teams to scale our work.
- Participate in the review of quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes and provide support for disclosures.
- Own multiple balance sheet accounts and corresponding Oracle sub-ledger of varying level of complexity and materiality.
- Coordinate with external and internal auditors to ensure timely completion of audit requests, and aid in the research and analysis of audit issues raised.
- Review and potentially prepare accounting memos and update accounting policies in thesubject areas.
- Research on accounting implications from changes in the subject areas, stay up to dateon changes in industry trends and use to inform internal decisions.
- Work closely with financial planning and international finance teams to ensure compliance with the U.S. GAAP and internal policies through effective communications and globally coordinated execution.
- Lead special projects and other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- 12+ years of financial statements auditing, financial accounting or similar experience
- Analytical experience, including experience in Excel
- Experience working with business partners and engineers to effect changes
- Experience in optimizing or re-designing existing processes resulting from business needs
- Big 4 audit experience
- MBA or Masters in Accountancy
- Experience with Oracle Financials and Hyperion
- Infrastructure Accounting experience in data center, fiber optic network, server life cycle or connectivity efforts