The incumbent will become a member of the IT Services Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Logistics and Financial team responsible for global applications including Hyperion Financial Management (HFM/Consolidations), Hyperion Planning, and Financial Data Management (FDM). In this role the incumbent will interact with the business sponsors of each application to develop technology solutions. Specifically, this role will be responsible for supporting the creation and subsequent validation of user requirements, creating functional specifications, design/develop solutions and implementation of the applications as well as provide Project Management and oversight to all projects in this functional area. In addition, working directly with vendors on upgrades, future plans, as well as support issues is required. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting with the development of the strategic direction of these systems and developing the plans necessary to deliver on those strategies. The ability to work effectively in a team environment composed of peers and cross-functional members is very important as is the ability to be focused and a self-starter.
The incumbent will be required to quickly gain expertise in the system software. Ability to learn new technologies and adapt to new challenges quickly is critical. Strong verbal and written communications, systems aptitude, MS Office and PC skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, results-oriented, self-motivated, dedicated, quick learner and self-directed, organizational skills, ability to team and partner with others, and ability to deal with conflict are skills and attributes associated with this position.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· Work closely with business partners to understand business strategy and build technical solutions to help support that strategy
· Facilitate the creation of business requirements for the supported functional areas
· Create functional and design specifications for all supported projects
· Develop and Install new solutions
· Perform Project Management role on all supported projects
· Participate in analyzing, documenting, and performing system configuration and setup as well as integration and system testing.
· Work with external suppliers when required to deliver technical solutions for their projects
· Provide responsive and effective root cause resolutions and workarounds to support and resolve application issues.
· BS/MS in Computer Science, MIS or combination of education and experience.
· 6 years professional software development experience.
· Proficient in PL/SQL on Oracle with minimum of 8 years experience.
· Proficient in UNIX shell scripting.
· Advanced knowledge of Financial processing is desired
· Advanced knowledge of Oracle’s Hyperion Suite including Financial Management and Planning is desired.
· Knowledge of Oracle Essbase, FDMEE, EPMA a plus
· Project Management Experience desired