Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Our technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. Collaborating with industry partners, governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and other companies, we serve a wide variety of customers in the residential and commercial, industrial, food and beverage, infrastructure, and energy verticals. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion and approximately 26,000 employees worldwide, the company operates as One Pentair, driven by purpose, led by vision, guided by process, and united by its Win Right Values.
Business Unit Overview
Electrical designs, manufactures, and services products that protect some of the world’s most sensitive equipment, as well as heat management solutions designed to provide thermal protection to temperature sensitive fluid applications, and engineered electrical and fastening products for electrical, mechanical and civil applications.
As a strategic business partner, the Human Resource Manager is responsible for partnering with site Operations leaders on a broad range of HR initiatives and programs. In addition, the individual will participate in strategy development and deployment activities, requiring strong collaboration with HR Directors from all functional areas.
Lead a variety of HR processes such as performance management, staffing, training initiatives, compensation, career development, employee relations, and HR policy development.
- Lead initiatives to identify and implement strategies and programs that help engage and retain a high performing workforce and enhance Pentair’s culture.
- Manage employee relations for campus and support re-defining the culture around operational excellence through Lean principles, team culture through the Pentair values.
- Lead the performance management process and provide guidance to leaders on issues affecting morale, performance, personal and professional development and overall employee satisfaction.
- Lead investigations on employee complaints that could result in legal ramifications or organizational exposure; assess the severity, involve appropriate individuals and facilitate appropriate action based on established practice and relevant laws.
- Manage production compensation structure, incentive plans, and make recommendations to improve current programs. Support existing corporate driven comp and benefit programs will also be a key part of this role.
- Partner with Operations leaders on the training needs including new hire orientation, leadership development and cross – training.
- Manage temporary recruitment and staffing process by partnering with business groups to identify workforce needs and develop sourcing strategies to hire qualified and highly talented employees for our organization.
- Implement and communicate HR programs, policies, and employee guidelines to achieve goals and fulfill legal requirements. Ensure consistency across the organization with all existing programs.
- May be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
Job Requirements & Skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline required; Master’s degree highly preferred; certification or advanced education/training in HR (SPHR, PHR, CCP, or CEBS)
- 10+ years of progressive HR leadership experience with a focus in Operations in a Manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of management experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong background in change management processes and facilitation of change
- Able to think strategically and translate strategies into actionable plans
- Knowledge and understanding of employment laws, human resources theory, practices and legal requirements to act as a subject matter expert to business groups
- Skills in consulting, collaboration, innovation, planning, decision making and organization to help identify and develop programs, policies, guidelines and procedures that will engage and retain a highly talented workforce
- Skills in communication, both verbal and written to effectively communicate HR programs, provide training, resolve employee relations issues as well as work with business groups on their strategic objectives
- Skill in developing and delivering effective presentations