Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Human Resources Manager (HRM) with generalist experience to support the Senior Director HR primarily focused on supporting Global Platform Services.
The role will support the delivery of timely, effective, and business aligned generalist HR consultancy support and advice contributing directly to the achievement of Platform Services' strategies and goals.
The HRM role will have a key focus on talent acquisition, reward and performance management, employee engagement, training & development and employee relations. The role will leverage Travelport HR Centers of Excellence and shared service groups to deliver on business needs. The role will liaise closely with the HR leads throughout the organization to ensure aligned practices, implementation of group wide initiatives and facilitate interaction with the central corporate functions and centers of excellent.
Recruitment & Selection
- Act as point of liaison with hiring managers to create/update job profiles and ensure that essential and preferred criteria are clearly identified for candidate selection.
- Manage the process of benchmarking/job code creation with Compensation & Benefits and HR Central Function teams and validate outcomes with the budget holder.
- Manage headcount tracking sheets in terms of open, pending and offered requisitions with reference to headcount budgets and the requisition process.
- Support the hiring manager in the creation of structured competency based interviews and assessment of evidence to maximize the selection of the best skills and fit for the role and organization.
- Attend recruitment briefing intake meetings and subsequent recruitment update meetings with the hiring manager and recruitment team.
- Support hiring managers with conducting interviews and coach to develop interview and feedback skills / techniques.
- Support line managers in preparing for on boarding/assigning & briefing ‘buddies’, especially where remote management.
Reward & Recognition
- Assess compensation and benefits queries raised e.g. in recruitment, promotions/re-grades, in accordance with the appropriate policies and best practices.
- Conduct analyses and audits to make recommendations regarding compensationdata including market alignment, talent retention etc.
- Work with team and line managers to implement and support the annual performance management and salary review processes.
- Support managers in proactively identifying and nominating employees for Beyond Awards and Star Awards
Engagement & Retention
- Support data analysis on the annual survey and participate in managerial briefings / focus groups / action planning.
- Collaborate to organize team building activities across client groups as required.
- Follow up on any exit interviews with any content of concern. Conduct follow up calls with voluntary leavers rated as ‘exceptional performers’.
- Conduct ‘stay interviews’ with targeted high potential / high performing employees to facilitate retention and recommend development activities (shadowing, mentoring, job rotations etc).
- Provide relevant and appropriate advice, coaching and guidance to managers and employees on a variety of HR issues to ensure fair and consistent treatment and mitigate the risk to the employer. To include HR policies, legislation, changing terms and conditions, benefits, career development, grievances, disciplinary issues, absence and performance issues, individual counseling and terminations.
- Manage standard employee relations matters including Flexible Working requests (UK), family leave requests and sickness absence management.
- Work closely with HR Central Functions to support creation and implementation of any specific HR policies as required by changing legislation or new business issues to enable the Company to proactively respond to changes while setting appropriate company standards.
- Support the Senior Director HR in preparation and implementation of terminations and outsourcing activities and other due diligence assessments as required.
Performance Management / Learning & Development
- Coach managers in performance review and management skills – how to plan and deliver developmental and corrective feedback conversations and construct meaningful Development Plans and Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs).
- Coach people managers in effective goal setting to ensure alignment with Travelport Platform Services strategy and ensure managers are setting stretch goals.
- Support Senior Director HR with talent reviews/succession planning/leadership assessments.
- Plan and deliver manager and team lead ‘lunch & learn’ sessions on knowledge requirements and core skills for recruitment & selection, coaching & feedback, performance management, development planning, absence management etc.
Reporting, data quality & records management
- Ensure compliance with the company Records Management policy with particular regard to confidentiality / personnel files / data protection act requirements.
- Research, source and compile data to support Senior Director HR in determining resourcing and headcount budgets for Platform Services.
- Partner with HR Central Functions/HR Administration to ensure they are kept informed of any administrative requirements for employee records/payroll etc as appropriate to the employees’ package.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
- Undergraduatedegree in related field or equivalent experiencerequired
- 5+ years or more in progressive Human Resource positions
- Prior HRM experiencepreferred
- Demonstrated expertise in US employment law; an understanding of international law is an advantage but not essential. Experience of proactively and successfully managing / supporting employee lifecycle events.
- Capable of dealing with a variety of challenging issues under pressure and be able to support and champion local or corporate decisions.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to influence and to gain trust and respect without direct managerial control.
- Experience of coaching and guiding line managers in standard employee relations and people management queries.
- Ability to construct and deliver manager and team lead presentations on topical HR subjects.
- Commercially aware of industry trends/business operating environment and customer service focused. Previous experience in an international IT and/or travel company advantageous.
Posted: July 27, 2017
Auto req ID: 4999BR