The role of the Hospital Administrator/CEO is to participate in operational decision-making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the hospital's mission in addition to maintaining as awareness of changes in healthcare matters that could have an impact on the success of the hospital.
Education and Experience
- Master's degree in Business Administration or related healthcare field preferred
- Minimum five (5) years in a Senior Management position
- Minimum five (5) years healthcare management experience
- Overall operations of the acute-care facility
- Working with system management to develop and implement policies and procedures, short and long range goals, objectives and plans
- Providing leadership to hospital managers, directors and officers that will enroll support, create ownership of goals, and encourage active participate in decisions that impact the hospital
- Ensuring the hospital meets necessary regulatory and compliance approvals and quality accreditations in conjunction with the hospital's Chief Nursing Officer.
- Partnering with physicians who use, or will use, the hospital; taking a leadership role in the recruiting and retention of physicians.
- Assisting in planning new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue.
- Managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs in conjunction with the hospital's Controller and Chief Nursing Officer.
- Developing and maintaining positive relations with community that the hospital is located as well as the community leaders.
- Analyzing areas in planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities.
- Representing the hospital at meetings including medical staff, hospital board of director meetings as well as relevant community meetings; participates with leaders in designing and providing patient care and services.
- Support risk management and participate in programs directed to patient and employee safety.
- Objectively evaluate suggestions, grievances and processes to identify opportunities to improve performance and quality of care.
- Analyze data from Quality Management Program and prepare reports and recommendations for evaluation.
- Support the Chief Nursing Officer in enforcing the implementation of nursing practice standards to provide quality patient care.
- Identify and evaluate need for items relative to trends and physician request. Present physician requests for equipment or instruments that have not been approved as part of the Center's capital asset budget. Adhere to purchasing policies for capital assets and excessive cost items.
- Manages staff including the professional growth and development of direct reports, maximizing their efficiency, and responding to personnel matters in a professional and positive manner.
- Interacts with others (co-employees, management, physicians, patients, visitors, vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.