Amazon’s mission is to be the ‘Earth’s most customer-centric company’, and our award-winning Customer Service (CS) team is an essential part of that mission. Amazon CS is one of the largest customer service organizations in the world. Our tens of thousands of Customer Service Associates (CSAs) around the globe provide world-class support to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and in over 15 languages (and growing).
The CS Product and Technology organization powers CS by developing elegant Customer and CSA facing products. These products offer effortless self-service and automation solutions to our customers. If the customers prefer to interact with a human, we enable CSAs to effectively and elegantly solve customers’ issues using our associate facing products powered through human centered design.
Our team is looking for a talented and experienced Product Manager to work across CS Technical Development, Operations, Machine Learning, UX Design, CS Business Verticals (e.g. Digital Devices, Shipping and Delivery Services) and other Amazon teams to help design and build a new CSA experience to set up CS and Amazon for success by effectively scaling its CSA facing products towards what may arguably become the world’s largest customer service organization. Specifically, you will be working cross functionally across a number of engineering and business teams to re-think, innovate and build the new CSA experience. The products and experiences you build will drive the experience of hundreds of thousands of CSAs across the globe, speaking 15+ languages, and handling hundreds of millions of contacts a year. You will focus on building elegant experiences that prioritize the reduction of CSAs’ cognitive load and simplify how they handle customer contacts, so they can focus on the customer and provide superior customer experiences every day.
As a successful candidate, you are an experienced product management leader, an effective communicator, have demonstrated the ability to earn the trust of stakeholders across a cross-functional team of individuals, are data-driven, and have experience managing complex business and technical challenges. You have managed teams of talented individuals and have demonstrated followership. You are customer obsessed and not afraid to get your hands dirty navigating requirements from different business teams. You have a strong bias toward data driven decision making, and an innate ability to understand how metrics relate to business problems and with each other. You are willing to experiment, fail fast, learn and iterate to improve. You understand and account for the implications of your work to frontline operations.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business.
· 10+ years of software product management experience.
· Proven track record of driving products from concept to launch.
· An inspiring people leader.
· Proficient knowledge of Product Management principles and processes.
· Proficient in developing internet products and technologies.
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Strong organizational and people skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple project stakeholders, technical program managers, and software development teams.
· Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; think abstractly; learn, adapt and innovate.
· Proven track record of learning by quick experimentation (and sometimes failure), and then scaling
· Proven track record of strong delivery of results by working both independently and collaboratively with global teams as appropriate.
· Master’s degree in business, engineering, or a related field.
· Experience building CSA-facing products.
· Agile/scrum certification.