The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths’ most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
The Role: As a Senior Hardware Reliability Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff and outside partners to drive key aspects of hardware definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
You will be responsible for the reliability of the entire system from components to printed circuit board to system which will encompass optical, electrical and mechanical elements. You will own:
· Planning and executing reliability test plans, FMEA and risk assesments
· Predict reliability failure rates and mechanisms
· Responsible for qualification plans and reports to support aggressive development timelines.
· Develop new tests and models to determine the overall reliability of the system.
· Sustaining support of existing products and failure analysis and corrective action of field failures
You should have a good understanding of Reliability statistics/Reliability tests and/or solid understanding of hardware materials and physics of failure to influence design for reliability early in the development timeline.
· B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or Physical Science.
· 7+ years in reliability engineering
· Strong hands on test, debug and failure analysis skills
· Reliability Modeling Experience
· Materials Characterization
· Ability to work well within cross functional teams
· 5+ years experience in a product development environment, proven track record for delivering results in tight timelines
· Optical reliability experience
· Extensive experience in reliability statistics
· Experience in design for reliability (both at the PCB and system level)
· Finite element modeling experience
· Experience with analytical techniques for failure analysis