We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
We are looking for an outstanding ECAD Engineer who combines superb technical and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. You will be detail oriented and continuously push for high standards from yourself and the rest of the team. You will be the main owner of the ECAD component library and assist in maintaining the AVL by creating engineering change orders, assigning part numbers, and maintaining part descriptions.
· Work closely with Mechanical and Electrical Engineers to create schematic symbols and footprints compliant with industry standards
· Develop new processes for improved component quality and reliability
· Manage incoming part requests and maintain existing catalog items
· Work with third party component generation services as necessary with changing workloads
· Monitor part statuses: Part deprecation, End-of-life, etc
· Review Schematic and PCB design documents
· Manage documentation and develop scripts to enhance usability of the ECAD systems
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
· Associates Degree in IT/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
· 5+ years ECAD library administration experience with progressively greater responsibilities.
· Knowledge and understanding of any applicable IPC standards, and DFM rules for creating pad-stacks and footprints for small pitch SMT and through-hole components.
· Ability to read and understand basic electrical schematics and PCB layout.
· Experience using PCB design suites and ECAD libraries such as Cadence OrCAD, or Altium Designer.
· Demonstrated ability to read component datasheets to extract critical design information needed to generate new PCB schematics and footprints.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational, planning, and time-management skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering
· Deep knowledge of component failure modes, component reliability, MIL, AEC, and IPC component standards.
· Knowledge of the PCB manufacturing processes and designing for manufacturability.
· Circuit design and PCB layout experience.
· Experience using digital oscilloscopes, multi-meters, and other related component test equipment.