Major Food Company seeks a Financial Trade Analyst to join team!
Salary $55,-$65, Based on Experience
Solid Benefits and Vacation
MUST HAVE EITHER MANUFACTURING OR FOOD AND BEV. EXPERIENCE
IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE OR THE OTHER, DO NOT APPLY TO THIS OPENING.
The Financial Trade Analyst will Assist Director of Trade Finance and the Sales/Marketing teams to provide actionable Profit/Loss analysis and fact-based recommendations to help gain new business opportunities or retain/regain existing customers.
Another key function of the Financial Trade Analyst will be to analyze customer rebates to ensure they are within tradebudget.
· Provide specific, actionable and forward looking commentary on changes in the monthly/quarterly sales trends.
· Lead/participate in weekly/monthly reviews with Sales and Executive teams.
· Compose detailed monthly sales analysis and distribute to respective sales team leaders and Executive Teams.
· Participate in weekly Price approval meetings and contribute as needed.
· Work withSales Team and Director of Trade Finance to create comprehensive analysis for customer specific trade strategies and profitability (P&L/Business analysis).
· Calculate and process rebate check requests as needed.
· Administer Trade Spend activities via web-based database Promo Assist – Accruals, data extraction, and user inquiries.
· Maintain Customer, Broker, & Item Masters.
· Users defined as all individuals who utilize the system (Deductions/AR, Sales, Brokers, etc.).
· Accrue, Budget, Calculate, and administer all tasks related to brokerage commissions minus check payments on a monthly basis.
· Respond to broker inquiries for commission calculation related questions.
· Train internal/external employees on uses of business intelligence tools, and web based database as requested.
· Update and Maintain Special Pricing for accurate order processing.
· Conduct due diligence on prospective and existing business opportunities as needed.
· Reconcile Trade deduction payments and rebate check payments monthly.
· Compose data payment/promotion upload files for third party administrator of Promo Assist and SDS.
· Adjust (Scrub) promotion accruals at Year End
· Review estimated promotion dollars entered into the system against the customer’s sales and determine if amount being accrued for the customer for that program is correctly stated.
· Discuss variances with Region Managers and determine if adjustments needed
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required.
· 2-4years experience in financial analysis and data management. Trade experience is a plus.
· Advanced Microsoft Excel (VBA macro experience a plus).
· Intermediate Microsoft Access (SQL query experience a plus).
· Other Microsoft Program experiencerequired: Word & Outlook.
· IFS experience preferred, but knowledge of Oracle and/or SAP experience welcome.
· Promo Assist (Web based database administration).
· Discovery Analytics (SDS) experience a plus.