5 - 7 years experience • Industrial Equipment & Supply
The Financial Analyst reports financial status by preparing and analyzing financial plans, forecasts and reports.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- The legal authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer without restriction
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum 5 years overall business experience
- Must have understanding of accounting processes, financial system functionality, and apply accounting and business knowledge, and reasoning ability in resolution of financial problems.
- Understanding of accounting policies and procedures including internal control procedures
- Ability to apply accounting and business knowledge and logic in resolution of financial problems
- Capability to prioritize tasks, receive guidance and work independently to meet accounting deadlines
- Action-oriented, desire to provide solutions to problems
- Ability to prioritize tasks, receive guidance and work independently, be action-oriented, understand key objectives, meet accounting timelines, and display ethics and values in all actions.
- Ability to exercise creative thinking in providing solutions to problems.
- Self-motivated to find efficient and effective ways to accomplish end goals
- Display ethics and values in all actions
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient or become proficient in the Microsoft Office applications, Oracle and running system or databasereports.
- Masters degree
- CPA/CMA and MBA
- Experience with enterprise software (e.g. SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards)
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
• Completes month end closing responsibilities
o Transactional Database
Run GL022 Reports for AP, PO, and JV entries, to assure all entries are captured in the reporting
Ensure integrity of the P&L
Review by vendor the trends identifying anything that is missing, unusual or unsuspected to follow up on before the ledgers are closed for the month
Keep updated notes in the file to record any issue researched or anomalies
Communicate with Shared Services if any necessary entries are required
Verify all entries match finalized Cost Center Reports
o Accruals for GIS and CPC (25+ vendors, some with multiple POs)
Keep track of all incoming consulting invoices
Assess any time worked but not invoiced by end of month and make accruals based on unreceived invoices and unbilled hours/expenses
Communicate with consulting vendors for any missing invoices
o Update Consolidated File with US and International Actuals
o Once CIO reviews and approves forecast , upload the forecast and AOP (when applicable) in CONTROL
• Manages Activity Reporting (90+ team members)
Team Members, Approvers, Projects, Tasks
o Makes sure all team members have their time in
o Communicates with team members whenever necessary
• Assist in managing the GIS Financial SharePoint site; uploading documents, managing users, organizing folders, etc.
• Reconcile vendor travel expense invoices
• Updatecontracted services file