Executive Director, Marketing Creative Services
11 - 15 years experience • Patient Care
Executive Leadership and Development
· Partner closely with Senior Vice President (SVP) of Talent and Marketing & Communications to shift culture and mindset of Marketing team; spark passion and ideation; pivot planning processes to align with an acquisition mindset and present strong and informed Marketing leadership.
· Oversee all digital programs and designed to attract healthcare consumers and patient to the total portfolio of Marketing activities in the service of healthcare delivery and financing.
· Be a leader of Marketing leaders who have built relationships and partnerships with business executives who are focused on growth of their brand and acquiring new patients into their operations.
· Create a team environment that leverages talent, maximizes collaboration, seeks new approaches and delivers results.
· Provide leadership, inspiration, and guidance in attracting, hiring/contracting, coaching, retaining, and motivation a best in class Marketing team.
· Model and promote a culture that reflects UnityPoint Health values, leadership competencies, encourages learning, driving performance, and rewards productivity.
· Work closely with eCommerce team to ensure multi-channel messaging and content strategy is consistently carried through website, email marketing and beyond.
· Direct the CRM development, application and execution.
· Direct the Direct Mail Program and coordinate with other marketing activities.
· Oversee performance reporting of marketing initiatives and relative effectiveness
Growth, Strategy, and Development
· Partner with the Executive Director of Brand Management in brand-building strategies and programs (brand, positioning, identity, messaging, partnership, etc).
· Analyze performance of all programs to ensure ROI goals and acquisition targets are met.
· Build the Marketing service organization that includes all marketing operations and print shop management.
· Oversee and summarize regular consumer tracking studies as well as ad-hoc qualitative and quantitative consumer market research that identifies white-space opportunities.
· Oversee the development and implementation of in region/business unit programs, initiatives and campaigns that drive acquisition for incremental revenue.
· Work directly with strategic communication partners to leverage talent and expertise.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- MBA in Marketing
10+ years’ experience in Marketing or related field preferably with a health system
7+ years direct project management coordinating/managing multiple projects at the same time
5+ years of experience working with CRM data tools and research methodology
· Ability to function in a developing, imperfect environment and demonstrate the ability to grow and drive performance to the next level
· Superior qualitative and quantitative analytical capabilities, with an outstanding body of work demonstrating high quality, innovation deliverables and an exceptional understanding of consumer behavior.
· Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects and set priorities for a team of leaders and individual contributors.
· Demonstrated ability to manage the creative and messaging process
· Ability to manage and lead large cross functional teams as well as direct report relationships
· Strategic thinking combined with strict attention to tactical details and execution.
· A keen knowledge of innovation direct marketing techniques and approaches using industry best practices, including emerging channels like social media and mobile.
· Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical and strategic thinking skills
· Ability to exercise independent judgement in making decisions
· Ability to solve problems and to keep internal partners informed and to ensure partners are prepared for marketing initiatives
· Strong leadership skills