ENGR, NETWORK SR. – Transport
Mission: To design and manage a standard and reliable transport network that supports current and future products and services for our customers.
Position Summary: The main responsibility of the Senior Network Engineer for this posting is to understand and design network elements providing transport services. As such they will be required to interface with multiple groups and collaborate on intra- and inter-state designs for implementation. They will be expected to write projects implementing a solution and have a working knowledge of the equipment used to provide answers to questions regarding installation and function of the equipment when being placed in-service. They will also be required to understand circuit design and routing through this equipment and will be expected to understand and work in the system used for this purpose (M6-Varasset).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Detail network design elements
- Order creation and processing
- Issue project to maintain port capacity Metro-E
- Issue Congestion Relief projects to minimize customer impact
- CAF2 Prime contact for related transport deployment
- Support M6 COEREV and COEBLD queues
- Ensure intervals are met
- Implement process improvements to streamline process
- Engineer network transport equipment for Vantage Video network deployments
- Ensure Architecture and Planning standards are adhered to
- Issue work orders to support:
- NGB/BRAS migrations of DSLAMs
- OLT migrations
- BPON to GPON grooming
- Process Automation Initiatives – orchestration
Equipment Knowledge of:
- Nokia – 73XX
- Ciena ROADM Z77, Z33
- Coriant ROADM
- RAD ETX
- Cisco 3600, 6509, 7206, 15454
- Adtran – OPTI6100, MX2820, TA5000, TA1X48
- Calix – C7, E3, E7
- Fujitsu – Flashwave 4X00
- Actelis – ML2300, ML648
- Canoga Perkins – 9145
- Work in and understand engineering systems:
- Infinium - work order estimating and material ordering system
- M6 - Circuit and equipment inventory and design system
- Varasset – Work Order Project Flow
- Various web based programs
Qualifications: Excellent organizational skills, communication skills (written and verbal) and computer skills particularly around Microsoft Office products. B.S. in Engineering or equivalent is desirable or a minimum of 5 years of experience in a data or circuit related position. Must be able to demonstrate technical knowledge of data and circuit equipment.
Specifications: Individuals filling this position must be able to work well under pressure, handle stress and be well versed in interoffice engineering and construction. The individual must have a working knowledge of ring topologies (point-to-point, linear chain, add drop, BLSR, UPSR etc). They must also understand Ethernettechnology and IP transport design criteria. They will also be expected to understand accounting guidelines, tariffs, and have strong capital budget background. Individual must be available to work the necessary hours to complete projects on time and must have good verbal and written communications skills.
Marion, OH, US.
Job Location MARION, Ohio, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code 318797-798