The Project Engineering Manager will work collaboratively with the development leads for a product development project and focus on the processes, tools, and metrics that support project planning, execution, and reporting for engineering product and program development. This position partners closely with both Engineering Project Managers and Engineering Discipline Team leads across TCOM Engineering to ensure consistent strategy, direction, and alignment on continuous improvement initiatives. Job Responsibilities include:
- Optimize and harmonize engineering execution by developing and/or enhancing processes used for project management of scope, budget, and schedule, with corresponding metrics.
- Assess and establish project status and reporting standards that align with key project milestones and financial performance.
- Develop and execute strategy for project engineeringstaffing and required discipline domain knowledge through training.
- Risk management and critical path scheduling standards for projects.
- Manage discipline tools, including harmonization and implementation.
- Engagement in project post-mortem reviews in order to assess future process improvements.
- Establish strategic working relationships with engineering project managers as well as functional teams, including Finance, Product Line Management, and Program Management, who are key contributors to the product and program development processes.
- Leverage HBX tools and processes to architect practical solutions and methodologies that are scalable and can achieve the required organizational objectives.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of relevant experience with Bachelor's Degree or 8+ years of relevant experience with a Master's Degree
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in engineering project management illustrating proven ability to plan, schedule, and track multiple projects to successful completion.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Ability to partner with process owners and team leaders to identify, recommend, and select business process improvement projects, leveraging relevant business acumen
- Proven and effective communications skills.
- Experience with product development process for defense environments, and tools that allow for development assessment, tracking, and reporting.
- Six Sigma training or strong working knowledge.
- Experience with requirements management throughout the product development or program life cycle.
- Experience with process improvements in a CMMI and ISO9001 work environment.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Job ID: CS20170908-20264