Director Product Development - Outdoor Consumer Products
We are the worlds leading outdoor lifestyle products manufacturing company. We are headquartered in the Midwest US and we are growing. This growth as created the need for a Director of Product Development to lead and innovate our product roadmap. While we do have a leadership position in our segment - we are also fun and entrepreneurial and a great place to work.
1. Candidates must have Product Development background with a CPG manufacturing company.
2. We may consider qualified candidates that do not reside in the Midwest - relocation to HQ is required in this case
- Lead New Product Development, while managing two Product Managers
- Develop and implement a new product development process led by marketing and working cross-functionally with engineering.
- Develop an innovation product roadmap.
- Create and execute end-user based research to build a clear understanding of all relevant product applications.
- Develop end-user stories and acceptance criteria for design and development of new/improved features and products.
- Become the product and user expert for all categories.
- Lead the cross functional team throughout the entire lifecycle of product development which includes the ability to facilitate and coordinate a diverse team including engineering, sales, brand, sourcing, manufacturing, legal, finance, supply, and quality teams.
- Develop profitable product proposals and a long-term product road map that delivers market share growth and #1 position in our segment
- Prepare financial analysis for portfolio evaluation and decision making.
- Participate in forecasting/capacity planning with sales, and supply chain.
- Perform competitive analysis and market data analysis.
- Work with sales/engineering/manufacturing to reduce/eliminate product quality issues, identify cost reduction and value improvement opportunities.
- Lead the Development of marketing materials including packaging, presentations, merchandising and other collateral in order to commercially launch new products.
- Participate in category line reviews with Sales.
- Work with sales and supply chain to reduce E&O inventory.
- Actively communicate status of projects to all project stakeholders, which include the cross functional team and senior leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Business or Marketing major preferred.
- 4+ years of marketing experience in product development or channel marketing.
- Experience sourcing products from China.
- Drive to develop innovative products with the goal to be the #1 market share leader in the segment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key financial metrics: sales, gross margin, etc., including strong financial/budget management skills.
- Strong project management skills, solid analytical skills and a strong attention to detail are required.
- Excellent strategic planning and strategic thinking skills.
- The ability to analyze information and make decisions is critical to success in this role.