Nike is looking for a seasoned Engineering leader who can lead and grow teams of machine learning engineers, data scientists, and software architects to deliver scalable machine learning and advanced analytics solutions to customers across our business. You will work on a variety of complex business problems such as forecasting, personalization, and inventory optimization. You will lead teams test new and interesting hypotheses, productionalize and scale solutions in the cloud as APIs, stream processing, or massive batch processing. You will leverage big data, parallel processing technologies, advanced analytics, machine learning, and deep learning techniques to quantitatively plan product demand, allocate resources, and target the right customers with the best products. You will foster partnerships with best of breed open source communities, commercial vendors, and universities. Above all, your work will accelerate Nike's core mission of serving Athletes*.
What you’ll do:
• Develop software architecture and platform strategy for advanced analytics, machine learning, and deep learning.
• Recruit, hire, and mentor exceptional data scientists and machine learning engineers.
• Work with product management, development/engineering, platform development, architecture, operations, and other internal stakeholders to define requirements, guide product and architectural vision, and prioritize efforts. Help translate customer requirements into stories to support agile development and accurate roadmaps.
• Support investigation of new software packages/vendors, APIs, and algorithms to deliver quality analytics and machine learning at scale.
• Ensure rigorous engineering processes.
• Collaborate with a cross functional agile team of software engineers, data engineers, ML experts, and others to build new product features. Roll up your sleeves to apply machine learning, collaborative filtering, NLP, and deep learning methods to massive data sets.
• Help drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve data quality
• Iterate quickly on product quality through continuous A/B testing
• Thought leader.
• Engineering leader who can aggressively recruit top talent and build teams that deliver results.
• Rock solid engineer and data scientist with demonstrated experience in in Machine Learning, AI or distributed systems development.
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field masters or Ph.D. preferred.
• Strong background in Machine Learning or a related field. Significant expertise in machine learning algorithms, time series, forecasting, understanding natural language or unstructured data. Deep learning experience is a plus.
• You have experience implementing machine learning systems at scale in Java, Scala, Python or similar (not just R, Octave, or Matlab).
• You have a strong mathematical background in statistics and machine learning.
• You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
• You preferably have experience with data processing and storage frameworks like Hadoop or S3, Snowflake, Spark, Flink, Cassandra or Dynamo, Kafka, etc.
• You'll have experience with at least one these ML frameworks, Tßensorflow, Caffe, PyTorch.
• You preferably have machine learning publications, project code, or work on open source to share with us.