About the Position
This is a unique opportunity to provide strong technical leadership while continuing our goal of delivering exceptional software solutions for Collision Repair. Our Director of Software Development Engineering willfocus on driving technical excellence through streamlined operational practices, emphasis on high quality code delivery, and have the opportunity to partner with Product Management to create a product roadmap and vision for the future. This role will report directly to our SVP, Product Delivery and oversee a team of more than 30, with roughly 3 direct management reports. This role will focus on innovation, continued development and maintenance for existing market leading product lines and manage resources that are both local and offshore. Additionally, there will be strong collaboration with peers and other business units toensure alignment of goals. Development will involve working with both Microsoft as well as Java stacks.
So what are we looking for?
Here are a few key behaviors and experiences we are looking for:
- Strong technical chops that garners trust and credibility across leadership, peers, and direct reports.
- Passion for technology with fearlessness to roll up your sleeves and get dirty with code, design, architecture, and deployments.
- Exceptional leadership with demonstrated experiences cultivating talent, creating high performing teams, inspiring excellence, and influencing others.
- Boldness in the face of ambiguity and the courage for decisiveness.
- Consummate collaboration and communication capabilities creating census across cross-functional cohorts.
- A strong curiosity for learning and knowledge sharing.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required. MS preferred.
- 10+ years of hands-on software development experience, preferably with enterprise SaaS solutions.
- 10+ years with .Net or Java and SQL.
- Experience managing teams of at least 25.
- 6+ years of leadership experience, including at least 4 years in management of software teams.
- Experience with developing and managing enterprise scale SASS applications, building HTML5/Angularbased mobile applications, creating massively scalable APIs (REST, SOAP) and using machine learning tosolve real life challenges would be highly desirable.