Responsible for directing the administrative and business management of a single large department with more than 150 FTEs or multiple specialty departments and/or multiple locations with more than 125 FTEs providing ambulatory patient care services and the planning, development, implementation and evaluation/improvement of services/ programs. Through clinical nurse managers or assistant nurse managers, ensures nursing and patient care staff provide high quality, accessible, cost effective care and patient focused services to members across the continuum which comply with local, state and federal requirements; implements and maintains clinical and patient care practice standards, budgets, and staff development. Directs the management of operations, programs and services that add value and are integrated with nursing standards of practice, service priorities and performance/outcome measures, as well as with strategic, business and organizational goals/objectives. Participates as part of management team in formulating, implementing and evaluating business plans/strategies for ambulatory care services and responsible for achieving both short and long term strategic, business and financial goals/objectives.
- Directs the management of ambulatory care programs, services and operations and through nurse manager(s) or assistant nurse managers is responsible for the delivery of nursing services and outpatient care which are integrated with business plans and meet or exceed cost, quality, clinical and utilization standards and performance measures.
- Ensures that services meet members', physicians and internal clients' needs in a changing, competitive health care market.
- Directs the coordination/integration of outpatient services between departments and across the continuum of care and directs the continuous improvement of all clinical practices, services and operations by design and implementation of systems, processes and methods to evaluate and improve patient care.
- As part of management team, participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of new models/methods of delivering primary care to members.
- Ensures patient care staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, TJC, NCQA, federal, state and local requirements.
- Collaborates with physicians, nursing and other health care providers in establishing, implementing, and maintaining patient care, quality and service standards to meet members' and internal clients' expectations.
- Acts as a patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the multiple departments and across continuum of care.
- Directs the management of financial plans, resources and budgets.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for multiple departments and manages human resources functions.
- Develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all staff.
- Directs the programs for in-service education and on going staff development.
- Directs the development, implementation, and monitoring of departmental policies and procedures which support the organization's goals and business objectives.
- Collaborates with Physician Team Leaders and Department Chiefs in planning and developing the level of patient services/programs and the day-to-day operations of departments.
- Integrates outpatient services/programs with strategic business plans.
- Directs the management of human resources, labor relations, employee and safety/risk management functions.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in management of ambulatory care or other related clinical area.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor's degreerequired
- A current incumbent in job code 06055 (Director Ambulatory Care Svcs, RN)
License, Certification, Registration
- Current RN license required; California RN license required by date of hire.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of ambulatory care practices, operations and local, state and federal regulatory standards.
- Ability to conduct business and financial planning.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Job Number: 726672