Dir - Nursing Labor and Delivery, Director of Nursing ( SAMC )
Less than 5 years experience • Misc. Healthcare
AMITA Health is a joint operating company formed by Adventist Midwest Health, part of the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL., and Alexian Brothers Health System, a subsidiary of St. Louis-based Ascension. Headquartered in Arlington Heights, IL, AMITA Health is the third largest health system in the state with more than 12,000 associates committed to delivering the most efficient, highest quality, faith-based care at nine acute and specialty care hospitals and at more than 80 ambulatory/clinic locations. AMITA Health has an extensive provider network of more than 3,000 hospital-affiliated physicians and the AMITA Health Medical Group consists of over 500 multi-specialty employed physicians and associate practitioners, ranking it among the largest regional medical groups. AMITA Health’s mission is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus by respecting the faith traditions of the many individuals and families we have been called to serve across suburban Chicago.
Leads and directs services, workflow and resources for assigned nursing area.
- Develops departmental goals and objectives consistent with medical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements of the health care delivery system.
- Directs clinical activities, including patient assessment, care plan development, service level determination, patient visits, and complaint management.
- Plans, organizes and directs all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares and monitors budget(s) and ensures that assigned nursing area operates within allocated funds. Coordinates and directs internal and externally-driven audits.
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelor's degree required Graduate degree preferred Master’s degree in nursing, business or healthcare preferred
- Two years of experience in a hospital operations/leadership role required.
- Experience in Level III facility is strongly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.