The Cloud Developer Relations team consists of experts from a wide range of technology roles including Software Engineers, Data Scientists and Engineers, Machine Learning Scientists, Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) and Cloud Native Engineers/Ops, who combine their domain expertise with a desire to help Google Cloud build products and solutions that are critical to their own communities and that solve their problems in simple, scalable and innovative ways.
As a Developer Advocate, you empathize deeply with students, faculty and researches and advocate on their behalf to the Google Cloud Product and Engineering teams, ensuring that our products are built to meet their needs and that they provide the best possible user and developerexperiences. You will also raise awareness of cloud technologies and methodologies to academic audiences.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users.
At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Define developer narratives and do both online and in-person outreach for Google's G Suite products.
- Create momentum and drive the success of the G Suite Developer Platform through your knowledge of, and interactions with, key third-party technical communities.
- Champion G Suite developer products in-person and online by presenting at conferences, blogging, creating videos, writing technical tutorials and other similar activities.
- Advocate for your community internally, influence G Suite product strategy and craft narratives around new products and features by working with Product Management, Engineering, PR, Marketing, Business Development and other cross-functional teams.
- Build and foster an external 'community ecosystem' of influencers, meet-ups and experts that amplify our messages and extend our reach.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of software engineering or development experience.
- Experience working directly with partners or third-party developers. Experience presenting at technology conferences, hack-a-thons, webinars, blogging/writing technical articles with an existing follower base or contributing to an open source project for new and existing technologies and/or programming languages.
- Master's degree in Computer Science.
- 5 years of software engineering or development experience.
- Experience as a software developer, architect, technical evangelist, consultant, community manager, product manager, CTO or consultant working with various platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the desire to share technical knowledge and information with others which includes experience working directly with press/bloggers.