Must have experience designing substation/transmission/distributionelectrical work
Position Overview: This is the second level of the Designer classification. Provide technical expertise to solve more complex problems in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision. Incumbents are expected to develop advanced skills and the ability to work with greater independence.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under close supervision, in the area of expertise will provide
• technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
• effective planning, organizing, scheduling and monitoring of work activities
• thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations, drawings and sketches.
• continuous improvement of job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance
• effective oral and written communication skills
• maintain accurate records and files
• support of the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
• Either a graduate from a college or university with a Bachelor of Science in EngineeringTechnology (or equivalent), or 2 to 4years of experience and AssociateDegree in EngineeringTechnology (or equivalent), or 5 to 10 years equivalent experience with no degree.
• Proven Autocad and/or Microstation skills
• Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Work independently
• Customer Oriented
• Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
• Experience in the utility industry