Machine Solutions is the premier provider of advanced equipment and services for the medical device industry. The unified brands of MSI, PlasticWeld Systems, Steeger USA and Vante offer a full breadth of products to support customer needs and growth. The company has been instrumental in automating manual processes within minimally invasive device manufacturing operations, as well as in the broader medical device industry. By focusing on delivering quality and value, and by dedicating resources to our aftermarket team for technical service and process support, Machine Solutions provides superior customer experiences. Machine Solutions is privately owned by BW Forsyth Partners, a Barry-Wehmiller Group company.
The Applications Engineer will be working with the Vante tipping and bonding product lines, which manufacture and supply equipment to the medical manufacturing industries, primarily for catheter production. This position is responsible for providing product development, design and technical support to our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and handle incoming communications for technical support and troubleshooting
- Provide in-field troubleshooting and process development support
- Manage local projects and/or participate in a project team to support completion of customer PO’s
- Build customer rapport by understanding their needs and requirements
- Maintains and improves quality results by following established procedures, and recommending improved policies and procedures
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical, mechanical and process related issues for mold tooling and equipment.
- Initiates requests for engineering changes, provides verification, and follows through for implementation of the changes.
- Sets up and conducts tests of completed units and components under operational conditions to investigate design against customer requirements. Generally, samples are provided to the customer.
- Uses material knowledge to create a library for Engineering Design and Process Development.
- Provides samples and defines system requirements for potential customer applications. Assists marketing in proposal development based on this system definition.
- Provides support to Sales, Engineering and Operations in Order and Design Review Meetings.
- Strong technical skills related to plastics processing. Experience with extrusion, injection molding or other secondary plastics processing technologies is preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of SolidWorks 3D or similar CAD program.
- Must have a “hands-on” mentality and good skill working with typical benchtop assembly tools (Allen wrenches, screw drivers, pliers, and similar tools).
- Mechanical design experience.
- Good interpersonal communication skills required (in-person, phone and email)
- Proficiency in MS Office software applications
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to learn and understand product line and specifications
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
Education, Training, Professional Certifications, and Work Experience:
- BS or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering plus 5 years experience
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $2-plus billion organization with more than 11,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments