Decision Science Analyst - Senior
5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
- Leverages expert business/analytical knowledge to participate or lead discussions with cross-functional teams to understand and collaborate highly complex business objectives and influence solution strategies. The business problems analyzed are typically medium to large scale with significant impact to current and/or future business strategy.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to answer the business objective and drive the appropriate change. Translates recommendation into communication materials to effectively present to various levels of management. Incorporates visualization techniques to support the relevant points of the analysis and ease the understanding for less technical audiences.
- Identifies and gathers the relevant and quality data sources required to fully answer and address the problem for the recommended strategy through testing or exploratory data analysis (EDA). Integrates/transforms disparate data sources and determines the appropriate data hygiene techniques to apply.
- Thoroughly documents assumptions, methodology, validation and testing to facilitate peer reviews. Subsequent analysts should be able to rely on documentation to replicate and continue work.
- Understands and adopts emerging technology that can affect the application of scientific methodologies and/or quantitative analytical approaches to problem resolutions.
- Succinctly delivers analysis/findings in a manner that conveys understanding, influences various levels of management, garners support for recommendations, drives business decisions, and influences business strategy. Recommendations typically have a major impact on business results. Provides subject matter expertise in operationalizing recommendations.
- If Bachelor's degree, 6+ years experience in a decision support analytic function. Or If Master's Degree, 4+ years experience in a decision support analytic function. Or If PhD, 3+ years experience in a decision support analytic function.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or otherquantitative discipline. Four years work experience in statistics, mathematics or quantitative analytics or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experiencerequired. OR A Master's Degree in quantitative analytics or a related field. OR A PhD in quantitative analytics or a related field.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Finance degree or MBA.
- Finance Industry experience. (ie. Bank, Insurance, Investments).
- Strong storytelling skills.
- Strong programming skills. (ie. SAS, SPSS, R).
Job Number: R0003808