Our client is seeking a Database Engineer with experience in SQL to join their team! The Database Engineer is responsible for implementing and maintaining multiple databases throughout the organization. Collaborates with development and BI team members to ensure data accuracy, availability and speed of delivery through heavy use of T-SQL, views, ETLs and SSIS/SSMS.
- Implementation of highly-available database systems with tools such as replication
- Work with BI team to design and implement data warehousing systems for business intelligence needs
- Model and document existing and new databases
- Design, implement and troubleshoot data processes using ETLs, views, and SSIS/SSMS
- Design and maintain testing procedures
- Troubleshoot database-related system problems, including performance, exceptions and other business logic failures related to the data structure
- Maintain data flow between CRM, ERP, accounting and BI systems
- Write and troubleshoot T-SQL code and design (stored procedures, views, indexes, etc.)
- Partner with development team to review, test and deploy database modifications
- Work with system administrators to manage database servers – user and application security levels, disk space, etc.
- Contributes to establishing database development standards, policies and procedure documentation
- Implement and contribute to version control systems (TFS) and procedures for database objects
- Work with BI Team members to deliver real-time reports with quick load speeds.
- Coach team members on proper SQL Query setup to ensure quick load speeds.
- Implement proper database design structure based on best practices and relational concepts
Key Competencies & Attributes
- College degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent technical degree.
- Expert understanding of T-SQL, SSIS and TFS
- At least 5years database administration experience with MS SQL Server 2012 and above
- Verbal Communication, Requirements Gathering, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Debugging, Technical Leadership, Written Communication
- Ability to identify gained efficiencies through programming. This speaks to someone that can work smarter and not just harder.