- Involved with database design from conception to completion; provides oversight and direction for continuous performance and capacity management.
- Liaises with business stakeholders, technical and nontechnical teams to ensure that database design concepts meet the expectations of the organization.
- Assist in development of standards for Enterprise Data Governance, Data Security and Data Modeling
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database logical structure and functional capabilities, consulting with the database administrators on the physical structures and security
- Will be involved in research, architecture, design, development, testing, benchmarking and coordination with associated group(s).
- Work with application development teams, understand the functional requirements of the end applications and arrive at the design solution
- Create and Enforce architectural standards like data security, governance, naming, etc.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Minimum Skills & Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS or equivalent job experience
- 10 years related industry experience, including a minimum of 5 years with a relational database such as Oracle or SQL server
- Experience as a Data Administrator or Data Modeler
- Expert working knowledge of logical and physical data model design and DDL
- Experience with an industry standard data modeling product such as Erwin, Toad Data Modeler or Oracle Data Modeler
- Advanced knowledge of
- Data Security
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Data normalization.
- Design techniques and best practices for OLTP and OLAP data structures.
- Demonstrated acumen in supporting data warehouse, business intelligence, and analytical (for example, SAS) applications.
- Project Management Skills
- Experience building large-scale logical data models
- Knowledge of healthcare insurance industry
- Understanding of HIPAA regulations and requirements on data storage
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
POSTING ID: 1965/853/6907