Responsible for providing accurate and timely manufacturing cost information and analysis to Management and the Operations groups (i.e., manufacturing, materials, service,engineering).
- Degree in Accounting or Finance and/or MBA required.
- CMA or CPA certification a Plus
- Minimum of 5-7 years of accounting and experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong cost systems, analytical skills and proactive problem solving skills are critical to success.
- Must be flexible and perform a variety of complicated tasks (multitask) with accuracy and efficiency.
- Position requires good interpersonal skills, clear and concise communication skills.
- Team work in dealing with people at all levels in the company.
- Ability to plan and accomplish goals with a minimum supervision
- Must be proficient with personal computers, financial software, particularly Microsoft Office
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Knowledge of Sage 500 a plus
- Position requires up to 10% travel
- Assist with preparation of rolling forecasts and the annual departmental budgeting process. Work with managers and supervisors to set departmental spending budgets and explain major changes to prior period.
- Oversee the integrity of labor and overhead allocation to Work in Process.
- Reconcile the inventory accounts monthly. Compute inventory turnover ratios, understand and explain the impact on operations.
- Manage the month end inventory and cost accounting close process. Prepare and analyze all associated reports.
- Calculate the actual unit cost for specific products or services, analyze results, prepare the associated reports and distribute them to the Operations Managers.
- Audit the inventory cycle count process to ensure the inventory counts are being done accurately and that the documented procedures are being followed. Assist with periodic physical inventories.
- Assist in maintaining the integrity and operation of the Sage 500 ERP system, particularly inventory and labor master records. Assist with review and maintenance of standard costs.
- Understand Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and assist/support the department in remaining compliant.
- Support Finance and Operations management with ad hoc reports and special projects.